Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

TDavis' Platinum Warrior build

TDavis

1000 Post Club
I have many plans for this car. As a person who keeps their cars and am not the typical person to have it for 2 years and then sell it I plan this one for the long haul.

2017 Fiesta ST brand new
Platinum White Tri-Coat.
Recaro pkg.
Nav.
ST protection pkg.

Short story of the car so far and about me. It has 15 miles on it when I took it for a test drive at lunch(miles are pretty much from them transporting it from a dealer across town to mine). Ended up having 73 miles on it when I brought it home and went for a drive. I'm a Ford Master Tech and have test driven Focus ST's and Fiesta ST's numerous times and still to this day prefer the Fiesta ST over the Focus. I'm single and have a comfortable living so I really have no use for the extra space that the Focus offers. Plus when I put my front seat to my desired position I can still sit behind myself in the back seat which says alot since I am 6'4".

I'll update this original post with mods that I already have done. At the moment I have some sitting in my room but haven't put on yet. Will update when I can think of a few more things, which I'm sure I could.

Mods: UPDATED 07/31/23

Performance:
-Tuned by Adam @ Tune+

-ATP GTX2860R Gen 2 Turbocharger
-ATP included chargepipe
-Tune+ Turbosmart Wastegate
-HKS SSQV BOV
-Bravo Alpha Intercooler
-TB Performance front crash bar w/blue tow strap option & powder coated white
-Whoosh Maptap
-Whoosh Induction Hose
-Whoosh 3" catless downpipe
-Whoosh PCV Hose
-Whoosh Rear Camber Plates
-Thermal R&D 3" cat-back
-Thermal R&D 3" downpipe adapter
-NGK Iridium LTR7IX-11 one step colder pre-gapped spark plugs
-Cobb V3 AP
-AWR 88a RMM
-AWR Passenger & Driver side 70a Motor mounts
-AET Motorsports VuDu short throw shifter 25% reduction
-Damond Motorsports OCC
-2013-2015 Evap Intake line swap
-Mountune Radiator
-Ford Motorcraft 180 T-Stat
-ITG Maxogen intake
-ITG Maxogen Crossover Pipe
-mFactory Helical LSD
-WOR Fabrications factory ported V-band manifold

Suspension, brakes, wheels, & tires:
-Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2s 17x8 et38mm High Power Silver
-MeisterR Coilovers
-215/40/17 Dunlop Direzza ZIIIs
-Focus SVT rear brake upgrade
-Stoptech Big Brake Kit
-Stoptech stainless steel lines front & rear

Appearance:
-Nitrous Blue interior trim
-Focus RS OEM shift knob
-Ford Blue "ST" badge inlays
-LED interior lights/plate lights
-20% window tint
-Morimoto XB LED Projector Fog Lights
-LED turn signals in front
-Osram Euro full LED tail lights
-Shaved front grill
-Euro Headlight Retrofit
-Ford blue Ford Performance side decals

Mods planned:
-XDI HPFP
-Bosch 30% Uprated Injectors
-Delta SR-R Spoiler

Last edited:

MeisterR

Vendor
Looking good, I'll get the MeisterR ZetaCRD coilovers out to you ASAP.
Let us know how it feels once you installed it. :)

Jerrick

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
What size tires are you putting on the 1.2s?

I ask because I have 215/40-17 RS-RRs (one of the wider tread widths in that size, but not the widest) on a set of ET 42 17x8 1.2s, and there is about as much 'poke' out to the fender edges as I would EVER want (like even 2 mm more would be WAY too much). ;)

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
What size tires are you putting on the 1.2s?

I ask because I have 215/40-17 RS-RRs (one of the wider tread widths in that size, but not the widest) on a set of ET 42 17x8 1.2s, and there is about as much 'poke' out to the fender edges as I would EVER want (like even 2 mm more would be WAY too much). ;)
Going to be using the oem 205 Michelins for now until I wear those out. Of the pictures I've seen of 17x8 with the 38mm offset with 205s it should be perfect.

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
Goodies arrived in the mail!

Only issue was one center cap had 2 tabs snapped off during transit but was resolved quickly thanks to Chalon!

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
Woke up at 7am to go install the Thermal exhaust Sunday. I LOVE the sound. There is ZERO drone when at highway speeds but when you get on it this thing roars! It has a bark and bite to it now! I polished it up with Eagle One Nevr Dull polish prior to install. I can see why some do not like the tips because of the very minor burnt look they have on them but I don't mind it.

I would recommend another hand with this. It wasn't much trouble for me but I have access to a 4 post lift and used the hydraulic jacks on that to help support the exhaust when getting the clamps loosely on.

There where no instructions with the exhaust but I just went off pictures that [MENTION=5976]ron@whoosh[/MENTION] had on his thread and its pretty straight forward. The only "issue" I had with fitment was the clamp in the third picture. The exhaust butts together so its not a slip-on and when trying to line it up the exhaust wouldn't line up evenly. I finally decided to try something and when I lined it up the best I could I tightened down the clamp and it lined the exhaust up perfectly in the process and fixed that "issue." I don't think thats really and issue because I'm sure thats how its supposed to be done.

I am all for a Thermal DP if they decide to make one.

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
Another note. I ordered the GFB DV+ diverter valve which is coming in today. Dropped the car off last night for window tint.

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
Diverter valve arrived! It's a quality piece of kit. Even the packaging is fantastic

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
Wheels and coils should be installed tonight.

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #11
Tires are mounted to the wheels! Put my coilovers on at the same time too! The rear settled a little lower then I took it for a test drive after this picture. This picture was right after I lowered it off the jack stands.

Wheel/tire specs:

205/40/17 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3s
TD Pro Race 1.2s High Power Silver 17x8 38mm offset.

As far as I can tell now I should have no rubbing issues or any of that nonsense unless I'm driving on the Grand Canyon. The stretch on the 205s isn't that bad. Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be even after looking at everyone with 17x8s on 205s I was worried but it fits the car quite nicely.

Looking good! The window tint compliments a white car very nicely.

Any plans to dial in the ride height or you going to leave it like it is?

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #13
Looking good! The window tint compliments a white car very nicely.

Any plans to dial in the ride height or you going to leave it like it is?
At the moment I'm waiting for it to settle. I would wait a week like some but the front is cambered, especially the RF and I don't want to fuck up my tire wear so I'm getting it aligned at work today.

After it settles I'll see what my plans are. I do agree with what some will most definitely say which is the rear needs to be lower but for now its fine. Might lower the rear another 0.5"

That picture was actually taken immediately after I took it off the jack stands. It settled maybe another 1/4" after I test drove it for squeaks/rattles/thuds.

I think the front is at the perfect height so if anything I'll be adjusting the rear.

At the moment I'm waiting for it to settle. I would wait a week like some but the front is cambered, especially the RF and I don't want to fuck up my tire wear so I'm getting it aligned at work today.

After it settles I'll see what my plans are. I do agree with what some will most definitely say which is the rear needs to be lower but for now its fine. Might lower the rear another 0.5"

That picture was actually taken immediately after I took it off the jack stands. It settled maybe another 1/4" after I test drove it for squeaks/rattles/thuds.

I think the front is at the perfect height so if anything I'll be adjusting the rear.
Right, good call. I think mine settled 1/2 inch total so I would not be surprised if yours continue to do so over the extent of the first 200 miles, if not more. The rear upper spring pad may be a good indicator. I got 1/4 inch of permanent set from compression there alone.

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #15
Right, good call. I think mine settled 1/2 inch total so I would not be surprised if yours continue to do so over the extent of the first 200 miles, if not more. The rear upper spring pad may be a good indicator. I got 1/4 inch of permanent set from compression there alone.
Yeah I kept the upper insulator there. Even if it wouldn't make noise I don't like the fact that there would metal to metal there

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
With the coil over height adjustment, you could even go to a wide(r) 205/40-17, or even a wide 215/40-17, and adjust it IF it does rub, but yes, that 38 ET will make anything wider tire wise, somewhat 'tricky'. ;)

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #17
With the coil over height adjustment, you could even go to a wide(r) 205/40-17, or even a wide 215/40-17, and adjust it IF it does rub, but yes, that 38 ET will make anything wider tire wise, somewhat 'tricky'. ;)
I'll probably go with a 215 down the road. But for now IMHO 17x8 with the 38mm offset is the perfect fitment for these cars.

Last edited:
OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #18
Installed the GFB diverter valve Saturday. Boy oh boy if it doesn't completely get rid of the lag between shifts then it gets rid of atleast 90% of it. Excellent upgrade.

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #19
Finally had time to install my Big Mouth. This is where I left off last night. Needed to get some sleep so I'll be putting the front bumper back on today.

TIP FOR INSTALLATION: When ATTEMPTING to hold the little nut to fasten it down I used some painters tape so that I wouldn't drop it. Made it alot easier. Also, I HIGHLY recommend a offset 10mm wrench for the nut after you get it started. A normal straight wrench didn't do it for me because of the little well that the nut is in.