Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

TDavis' Platinum Warrior build

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #61
The blue hoses DO look cool, but I wanted the 'don't have to remove it when going back to the stealership for warranty work' stealth look, so I opted for the black ones on my Damond. ;)
Yeah luckily I know people [giddy]

The only flashy things in my engine bay will be these hoses, a blue ST inlay for the engine cover(that red ST is a fucking eye sore for me now), and the ITG intake whenever I go big turbo. Other then that if I get boost/rad hoses they'll be black but thats only because no one offers silicone hoses in the shade of blue I want lol

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #63
Took about 10min per side for the swap yesterday. The picture that I took of the stock rotor and SVT rotor in relation to the OEM dust shield really show how much bigger the rotor actually is. Rotor sizes is hard to capture on camera unless its put up next to something for size comparison.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
This really makes me want to clean my calipers haha! Congrats man

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #67
This really makes me want to clean my calipers haha! Congrats man
Yeah I'm trying to admire it as much as possible because I know the entirety of it won't be this clean. I'm debating on being my OCD self and waxing them before installation [giggle]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yeah I'm trying to admire it as much as possible because I know the entirety of it won't be this clean. I'm debating on being my OCD self and waxing them before installation [giggle]
Put a coat or two of one of those high tech paint protectants, or sealants on them. ;)

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #74
Wow tons of clearence! I might have to look into a new set of rims for next summer [biggrin][biggrin]
Yeah I wouldn't mind having 2mm of clearance like most, I could live with that. But its also a nice piece of mind having plenty of clearance.

Yeah I wouldn't mind having 2mm of clearance like most, I could live with that. But its also a nice piece of mind having plenty of clearance.
Any track days coming up to test those guys out? I've had great results using PFC z-rated pads on the street and swapping them out at the track for PFC-08 race pads. I just had to replace the rotor rings on my set for the first time (nice sized crack at the edge of them) and still have about 1/3 of the pad material left on my first set of 08s which is staggering.

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #76
Any track days coming up to test those guys out? I've had great results using PFC z-rated pads on the street and swapping them out at the track for PFC-08 race pads. I just had to replace the rotor rings on my set for the first time (nice sized crack at the edge of them) and still have about 1/3 of the pad material left on my first set of 08s which is staggering.
There is actually a tracknight at Topeka on the 20th that I will try to make it to.

Did you have any trouble getting the jet nuts off without the stud that screws into the bracket coming off with the nut? I shouldn't have to worry about it for a while since its new but just curious.

There is actually a tracknight at Topeka on the 20th that I will try to make it to.

Did you have any trouble getting the jet nuts off without the stud that screws into the bracket coming off with the nut? I shouldn't have to worry about it for a while since its new but just curious.
Nope - I've not had an issue with the stud & jet nuts so far. I've only taken the caliper off a hand full of times so take that with a grain of salt.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Those wheels are discontinued right? I'll have to jump on the next set that goes up for sale.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk