Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New 16x8 Wheel Incoming - Konig Dekagram

DaveG99

Since I care neither about having max stretch, nor autocross legality, if I were ever to get these wheels they would get the; Star Spec Z2s, Proxes R1Rs, Advan A052s, or R888Rs in 225/45-16 on them. ;)
Thanks. Glad there are other options. Those 225 star specs would be great. Would it maybe rub at that size. That's a wide tire at 8.9"

DaveG99

http://tires.performanceplustire.com/performance/4x108

Found them online. $142 a piece. Not bad.

If thats the price Im ordering these. If they really are coming out in march that would be perfect timing! Ill get these with a set of Falken azenis 215/45/16 or BFG Gforce rivals s 1.5 in a 215/45/16. Both tires are 23.6" tall which is only .2 taller than stock. And the extra width and stickyness should perform great on the 14.5lbs 16x8 wheel.

A 205/45/16 hancook ventus rs4 would be another decent option since they run a bit wide at 7.4 tread width and a 23" diameter. I dont think a 7.4" on a 8" wheel would be too stretched but I could be wrong.

A 205/45/16 fedral RS-R would be good as well. They are also 7.4" tread width and have a 23.2" diameter. And they are cheap at $82 a piece. Cheap enough to not even care if they only last 6 months!

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
A 205/45/16 fedral RS-R would be good as well. They are also 7.4" tread width and have a 23.2" diameter. And they are cheap at $82 a piece. Cheap enough to not even care if they only last 6 months!
THAT is the main reason I went with the 7.7" tread width, 215/40-17 RS-RRs on my 17x8 1.2s, since they were about HALF the cost of the (yes, 0.3" wider tread width @ 8.0") Star Spec Z2s I wanted originally, and LESS THAN HALF the co$t of the (slightly wider yet tread width @ 8.2") Yoko AD08s in that size. ;)

DaveG99

THAT is the main reason I went with the 7.7" tread width, 215/40-17 RS-RRs on my 17x8 1.2s, since they were about HALF the cost of the (yes, 0.3" wider tread width @ 8.0") Star Spec Z2s I wanted originally, and LESS THAN HALF the co$t of the (slightly wider yet tread width @ 8.2") Yoko AD08s in that size. ;)
Can you snap a picture of your wheel and tire so that we can see the stretch on it? Im curious what it looks like. I wonder how a 7.4" TW would look on a 8" wheel. Im not a fan of extreme stretch.

http://tires.performanceplustire.com/performance/4x108

Found them online. $142 a piece. Not bad.

If thats the price Im ordering these. If they really are coming out in march that would be perfect timing! Ill get these with a set of Falken azenis 215/45/16 or BFG Gforce rivals s 1.5 in a 215/45/16. Both tires are 23.6" tall which is only .2 taller than stock. And the extra width and stickyness should perform great on the 14.5lbs 16x8 wheel.

A 205/45/16 hancook ventus rs4 would be another decent option since they run a bit wide at 7.4 tread width and a 23" diameter. I dont think a 7.4" on a 8" wheel would be too stretched but I could be wrong.

That's actually a solid price... I wish we could see them on a car before I pulled the trigger. Also need to unload these Sparco Pro Corsa first lol.

DaveG99

These come in a 35mm and a 40mm. Im assuming with the limited space we have a 40 would be best on a 8" wide wheel. Also they have a concave version or a regular. Im thinking regular for the maximum amount of brake clearance.

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
These come in a 35mm and a 40mm. Im assuming with the limited space we have a 40 would be best on a 8" wide wheel. Also they have a concave version or a regular. Im thinking regular for the maximum amount of brake clearance.
Are you sure the concave doesn't depend on width of the rim? I'd assume the wider models would be concave and not so wide ones not.

DaveG99

Are you sure the concave doesn't depend on width of the rim? I'd assume the wider models would be concave and not so wide ones not.
This is what I saw above the wheels on the website I quoted above.......

"Konig's Flow Form Dekagram semi-matte black wheels. A Profile = Less concave, more caliper clearance. / B Profile = More concave, less caliper clearance (mostly used on rear)."

I didnt see any "A" or "B" in the descriptions though.

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
This is what I saw above the wheels on the website I quoted above.......

"Konig's Flow Form Dekagram semi-matte black wheels. A Profile = Less concave, more caliper clearance. / B Profile = More concave, less caliper clearance (mostly used on rear)."

I didnt see any "A" or "B" in the descriptions though.

Shows on konig site. Curious how concave our 4x108 wheel will be. Oh and it will be only in 40et in our pattern.

Hub bore size(I think that's what its called!) is good too? Do not want to forget that tid bit of info!!! Freaking stoked. Konig is a decent company. Better than avid.1, they're decent, but wouldn't trust for autox.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
I'd trust these wheels for autocross and some track use. Konig flow formed wheels have been pretty popular with Miata guys for some time Now. Also maybe Good win racing would be good vendor to get these from.

I'd trust these wheels for autocross and some track use. Konig flow formed wheels have been pretty popular with Miata guys for some time Now. Also maybe Good win racing would be good vendor to get these from.
Yeah I worded my response a little awkward. I meant I wouldn't trust avid.1 for anything but cruising and show. Konig is a good brand.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

DaveG99

I got the email from when you leave things in your shopping cart and dont purchase.[biggrin] March is a pretty long wait.

And you will need the 71-63.4 hubcentric rings for these