Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New 16x8 Wheel Incoming - Konig Dekagram

So here's my 'stretched' 205/50r16 Firestone Indy's. Stock suspension. Was nervous of too much stretch... Very pleasantly surprised with how these fit. Very flush, don't look stretched at all. I'm more than happy.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
That does look good. Did you notice a reduction in impact harshness? Anyone running the Indy 500's in this size with a non-stock suspension? Wonder about clearance since I have B8's with Eibach springs.

HBEcoBeaST

That does look good. Did you notice a reduction in impact harshness? Anyone running the Indy 500's in this size with a non-stock suspension? Wonder about clearance since I have B8's with Eibach springs.
Thanks. To be honest I've only driven for 15-20min around town mostly bedding my new front brake pads. I do notice less impact from small bumps like manhole covers, driveways etc. Haven't had them on the freeway yet.

I haven't been too aggressive yet but I'm very happy with turn in. I was running Ironman AS tires on my stock 17s and if turn in on those was 9/10 I'd rate these 8.5+/10.

Once I get a few miles on them I will push them a bit. I do notice straight line traction is greatly improved.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
LanT,
That is actually the amount of stretch I like to see, just enough to quicken the response and help keep the tread flat on the ground. It looks about the same as my 205 Neogen on 8's (11.4lb wheels:)

I have stated it on a few threads but seems overlooked a bit, some tires have a very stiff sidewall and do not need a bit of stretch, some have been made stiff enough they can go on a narrower wheel or a wider tire on a given wheel. The most extreme was cantilever slicks I had that were probably a 245 on a 7" wheel made specifically get get around the rules in a particular race class.

In general and most of the time I prefer 225's on a 9 inch wheel, 245-255 on 10's, 205's on 8's but I have successfully ran 265's on 9.5s just fine, R888 track tires in 18" on a different car.

LILIKE16ST

So here's my 'stretched' 205/50r16 Firestone Indy's. Stock suspension. Was nervous of too much stretch... Very pleasantly surprised with how these fit. Very flush, don't look stretched at all. I'm more than happy.

that looks just fine...fit like my 205/50/15 continental extreme contact sport tires do on my 15x8 pro race 1.2. does not look stretched at all like the ricer stretch everyone is always so worried 205 are gonna be soooo stretched on 8 inch wheels when in fact they fit like a glove and in all honesty is the proper size for that wheel. a 205 tire with a good compound and 100% of the contact patch on the ground is will perform just as good probably better than a 225 or 235 tire on a 7 or 8 inch wheel when you're not even using all of the tire properly. This is a very small nimble very good handling car stick with the formula that makes it great and don't add weight with oversized tires. That's just my oppinion. On a muscle car that is more about straights than corners and you want that wide aggressive look by all means throw those 315 tires on your 10 inch wheels....to each their own

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I would agree IF some of these 205s actually had more TREAD width than they do (some ARE decently wide at the tread, without that 'cut in' from the section width, narrow tread width). [wink]

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Still curious on how the Firehawks would look on my TD 17x8s with a 205/40 tire. The Michelin A/S 3’s stretch a tiny bit but it’s not bad at all and I know for a 205 the Michelin’s run wide

A7xogg

that looks just fine...fit like my 205/50/15 continental extreme contact sport tires do on my 15x8 pro race 1.2. does not look stretched at all like the ricer stretch everyone is always so worried 205 are gonna be soooo stretched on 8 inch wheels when in fact they fit like a glove and in all honesty is the proper size for that wheel. a 205 tire with a good compound and 100% of the contact patch on the ground is will perform just as good probably better than a 225 or 235 tire on a 7 or 8 inch wheel when you're not even using all of the tire properly. This is a very small nimble very good handling car stick with the formula that makes it great and don't add weight with oversized tires. That's just my oppinion. On a muscle car that is more about straights than corners and you want that wide aggressive look by all means throw those 315 tires on your 10 inch wheels....to each their own
She, you're taking some autox secrets and bringing them to the public

When my 205 BFG wear out, I think I'm going to try the 205/45/16 Continental Extreme contact Sports out.

Even though they are more narrow, I bet they will better suite me. Not sure

Anybody want to buy a super cheap set of BFGs at about 50% life?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Dunlop Direzzia ZIII in 225/45R16 works pretty well for autocross on these 16x8 Dekagrams.

They don't really rub really during an autocross run (kinda expected them to on my poor street alignment). However, it did rub a when I fully compressed the suspension over a dip that felt like my car jumped. I believe I tapped the bump stops, I was going slow. The roads here just suck.

I'm not running an autocross alignment, but I'm on stock springs with Koni Yellows to dial in the rotation. I'm around -1.2 deg of camber and zero toe, going to around -2.0 to -2.5 deg of camber and 0.1 toe out (FWD autocross enlightenment) looks like it will fix rubbing under full suspension compression. Rears are fine, the fronts seem to be the more difficult to fit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=16&v=rdfT7FdCCjc

In the youtube link, TireRack tested all of the newest autocross tires at the end of summer 2018, the dunlops placed second in class for dry time...only behind the RE-71s.

However, the tread depth on the RE-71s are 7/32 new, while the dunlops are 9/32 new...plus they wear slower. I've put 14 autocross runs on this set and they for sure last longer than the RE-71s...those tires are grippy, but they just completely dissolve when you drive them.

Tire choice really is tough...

I want a sticky, dailyable tire that will last 20k.

Big request I know.

Really want something similar to the Pilot Super sports I've run on previous cars again and again

I thought z3, z2, rt615k+, and the ECS

It's not that I think the BFG are a poor tire, it's just a noticeable step down from the PSS type tire

HBEcoBeaST

My 205/50r16 firehawks rub only while I am simultaneously turning sharp at speed and going over bumps at the same time. The outside of my front tires rub [emoji30]

My 205/50r16 firehawks rub only while I am simultaneously turning sharp at speed and going over bumps at the same time. The outside of my front tires rub [emoji30]

Lower or not?

I thought about the 500s too in 205/50.

I'm lowered on Eibach

HBEcoBeaST

Lower or not?

I thought about the 500s too in 205/50.

I'm lowered on Eibach

I'm stock suspension. I haven't really looked around to see what the issue is but it's only happened twice during fast left turns combined with big bumps. The outside sidewall of my front inside tire definitely hits something.

I'm thinking stiffer struts might remedy the issue.

Those look more stretched then the SPC2. Didn't you just buy the SPC2? Why make the switch to these? I have the Sport Comp 2s on mine and I love them as do many on this forum. That's a lot of wasted money down the drain if you ask me. But to each his own![dunno]

Those look more stretched then the SPC2. Didn't you just buy the SPC2? Why make the switch to these? I have the Sport Comp 2s on mine and I love them as do many on this forum. That's a lot of wasted money down the drain if you ask me. But to each his own![dunno]
The BFG were on it when I traded for them. I wouldn't have bought them myself

I'll get some more photos with th wheels mounted up

They look great in person. Doesn't appear to be overly stretched. Honestly pretty flush in person

Only have 8 miles on them, but I'll report on them more later.

I'm going to bet these over more overall grip than the BFG, while being a bit more comfortable. They are modeled after the PSS. And that's about as good as a tire gets

A7xogg

They look great in person. Doesn't appear to be overly stretched. Honestly pretty flush in person

Only have 8 miles on them, but I'll report on them more later.

I'm going to bet these over more overall grip than the BFG, while being a bit more comfortable. They are modeled after the PSS. And that's about as good as a tire gets

I had these tires on stock wheels and didnt want to risk running them because i didnt want to roll them over. the contis grip more but there not confident inspiring like the sp2 is. They really numb the experience as far as letting you know how much grip they got. But they do grip really close.