Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

whoosh brand catted 3" downpipe is here....

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #42
RON is the vibrant de fouler really needed if the vehicle is going to be tuned?I thought the tuner can shut off the light for the rear o2 for "off-road" purposes? Correct me if I'm wrong someone please....I just had a vibrant de fouler with a non catted Dp....I hope I don't need It again!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
You're right. Due to the fact that my car doesn't have a tune and this tester doesn't have a true "cat" I needed it for my specific application.
yeah I'm sorry
There is some confusion around this test sample

I don't like to do things behind the scenes so let me try to explain it again

This "sample" downpipe is different than the production catted downpipes in a few ways

First, the sample cat is empty, meaning it looks like the cat is there but the cats contents are not. Obviously, when the catted downpipes are produced you will receive a real 200 cell catalytic converter. I sent Chris a defouler simply because this "sample" downpipe has an empty cat and he needs to trick the car into thinking it has a real cat installed. I hope this makes sense.
You should not need a defouler with the production units.

Second, the sample does not have a support bracket. Production catted downpipes will ship with the same bracket as out currently available "catless" downpipes

let me know if there are any further questions....

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
yeah I'm sorry

This "sample" downpipe is different than the production catted downpipes in a few ways

First, the sample cat is empty, meaning it looks like the cat is there but the cats contents are not. Obviously, when the catted downpipes are produced you will receive a real 200 cell catalytic converter. I sent Chris a defouler simply because this "sample" downpipe has an empty cat and he needs to trick the car into thinking it has a real cat installed. I hope this makes sense.

Second, the sample does not have a support bracket. Production catted downpipes will ship with the same bracket as out currently available "catless" downpipes

When is the slated release date Ronnie?

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #44
When is the slated release date Ronnie?

I'll be on a call tonight yet - details to follow. I'm hopeful to have stock in less than 2 weeks.
I could conceivably do a pre-order intro price deal if there is enough interest

let me know
I'll post the schedule as soon as I can

yeah I'm sorry

Thanks again Ron for everything! If you are a FiST owner, I would absolutely recommend doing business with WHOOSH MOTORSPORTS. Great Products, great customer service. I can't wait to pick up the Whoosh Intercooler and also this new catted dp.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'll be on a call tonight yet - details to follow. I'm hopeful to have stock in less than 2 weeks.
I could conceivably do a pre-order intro price deal if there is enough interest

let me know
I'll post the schedule as soon as I can
Thanks Ron!

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #49
Update on the catted downpipes gents!

production has begun

2-3 weeks until they hit the shelf

price is set at $269.99 w/ FREE SHIPPING in the US

To recap specs:

304 stainless
3" at the turbo flange
3" at the exhaust connection (includes adapter for stock/2.5 exhaust system fitments)
200 cell cat
support bracket (same as catless version)
all install hardware included

let me know if there are any questions

[like]

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[video=youtube;uVoE1syitK4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVoE1syitK4[/video]

I will be watching... and buying as soon as possible!!! I love that it has a 200 cell cat instead of a 100!!! Any chance of a package deal with an intercooler [wave] ?

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #57
I will be watching... and buying as soon as possible!!! I love that it has a 200 cell cat instead of a 100!!! Any chance of a package deal with an intercooler [wave] ?
I'll set you up once in stock[biggrin]

What kind of package deal will there be? I am very interested in this as these are the 2 missing pieces for me to get to stage 3.
I was going to hold out until I find a good deal on the cp-e intercooler, but I really only need the Whoosh one.

kevinatfms

What kind of package deal will there be? I am very interested in this as these are the 2 missing pieces for me to get to stage 3.
I was going to hold out until I find a good deal on the cp-e intercooler, but I really only need the Whoosh one.
I ran the Cobb OTS Stage 3 tune for more than 20k miles without the stock downpipe. Most 93 octane e-tunes are far "hotter" than the OTS Cobb tunes. Slap the OTS S3 tune on your car you wont have any problems with the stock downpipe.

I do suggest getting a better tune though. The OTS tune is great but the tunes from Dizzy/Stratified...etc are worlds better in every way possible.

I ran the Cobb OTS Stage 3 tune for more than 20k miles without the stock downpipe. Most 93 octane e-tunes are far "hotter" than the OTS Cobb tunes. Slap the OTS S3 tune on your car you wont have any problems with the stock downpipe.

I do suggest getting a better tune though. The OTS tune is great but the tunes from Dizzy/Stratified...etc are worlds better in every way possible.
I would feel better with an upgraded intercooler first though and I was planning on getting Dizzy's tune.