Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
What he said. ^ LED license bulbs are just straight plug and play. And the Stage 2 LED bulbs from Diode Dynamics are amazing. I've had them on all my cars. I'm just waiting for them to get the 2014 Fiesta bulbs in.

XuperXero

FYI

My Euro spec low beam is H7, not H11. My manual also states H11, which is wrong. I'm not sure if this applies to US Fiesta's. Quote from another forum:

My manual also says H11b but I took the headlights off and had a look at the bulbs before ordering as I wanted to see if there was anything unusual with how they are mounted and when I removed the rubber cover it was obvious the bulbs were not H11, the bulbs are H7 and are held in by a circular ring with 3 tags on it that the bulb just clips into with a plug that goes over the Tim pins on the bulb.
The only hassles installing the HID kit were

1. Working out which wire is positive as they are all grey with no stripes etc
2. Rotating the hid bulb to put the wire at the bottom of the bulb instead of top( luckily philips use a screw on metal mount plate that can be removed and modified) as wire should always be at bottom in a projector housing and the top in conventional unless you want a shadow on the road
3. Finding somewhere to put the ballast, in the end I SS taped them to the wheel arch liner directly under the headlight

No pics at the moment but I will try and take some when I install the H1 high beam HIDs once I recieve adaptor's (from South Africa) to hold the bulbs in place as the standard setup is a connector and bulb holder all in one that goes over 2 posts in the housing( similar to lw focus)

Cheers Mrmavx

Just installed HID's today :)

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I noticed two sized bulbs are mentioned on the first page regarding license plate bulbs; which one is it?

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Thanks!! Any recommendation on where to get quality bulbs at? I don't it it too bright but I don't want the yellowish stock look anymore. I want that crisp LED look, but not so bright you can't read the license plate.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thanks!! Any recommendation on where to get quality bulbs at? I don't it it too bright but I don't want the yellowish stock look anymore. I want that crisp LED look, but not so bright you can't read the license plate.
I just ordered those from ebay.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Are they as bright as they show in the picture? Because in that last picture on Ebay you can even see the license plate because of how bright it is.

Do you have any night photos by any chance?

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Are they as bright as they show in the picture? Because in that last picture on Ebay you can even see the license plate because of how bright it is.

Do you have any night photos by any chance?
Yeah they are bright but not annoying.

How difficult is it to remove the various interior bulbs? Map and Dome lights?

Anyone have a guide? I hate taking interiors apart.

What is the best (brightest, and longest sight distance) brand replacement for the H11 low beams on our FiST? I currently trying out some Sylvania Ultras, but not greatly impressed, not sure if I am truly seeing much of a difference? I have seen some decent prices on PIAA bulbs online. Are the PIAA worth the extra cost? Ans what about those Sylvania ZXE bulbs? Are they good? Or just for the blue ricer look?

dyn085

2000 Post Club
I have ZXE's and they're white-not blue. I've had quite a few friends ask me if they were HID. I like the whiteness and clarity, but I have no frame of reference outside of the OEM bulbs. They don't compare to the HID's in my FoST3, but they're great for a plug-and-play bulb.

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
What is the best (brightest, and longest sight distance) brand replacement for the H11 low beams on our FiST? I currently trying out some Sylvania Ultras, but not greatly impressed, not sure if I am truly seeing much of a difference? I have seen some decent prices on PIAA bulbs online. Are the PIAA worth the extra cost? Ans what about those Sylvania ZXE bulbs? Are they good? Or just for the blue ricer look?
I had PIAA on my old Focus and they are brighter than stock...but don't expect it to be like HIDs.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I have ZXE's and they're white-not blue. I've had quite a few friends ask me if they were HID. I like the whiteness and clarity, but I have no frame of reference outside of the OEM bulbs. They don't compare to the HID's in my FoST3, but they're great for a plug-and-play bulb.
Have you ever had any problems with them? Like blowing in the past or anything? I'm looking for crispier, whiter alternatives also.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Have you ever had any problems with them? Like blowing in the past or anything? I'm looking for crispier, whiter alternatives also.
I haven't had any issues with mine whatsoever and I've had mine for about 18 months. Especially with higher-intensity bulbs you're supposed to swap them out yearly, but when I swapped my back-up pair in I hadn't noticed any dimming and I drive about an hour a day with my lights on. Definitely highly recommended.