Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Keep ST and mod or RS Focus?

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
I was going through the same. I had a 2016 RS picked out, and was going to trade my 2016 FiST for it, but was still going to keep my 2017 FiST. I decided against it.

My new plan is to trade my 2016 FiST for a 2018 FiST. I got a great deal on my 2016, so I’m barely even upside down with a trade, and could pay off what I owe if I sold it.

I am considering a slightly used 2018 FoRS next year, because it’ll have an LSD, and no gasket issue. That is my plan for now. Maybe you can have both: mod your FiST, and get an RS later.

Off topic: a guy I work with is selling his 2003 Mustang GT. 5 speed, black on black. It’s clean, but do I really need 3 cars? *shake my head* being an enthusiast is a disease at times lol

I’d keep the FiST. Just my opinion but the RS looks like a catfish. Have the engine failures been addressed? I’ve heard of issues with the cylinder heads and the gaskets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nan3LURIq3k&t=127s

(Sorry if I’ve repeated anything already in this thread. I didn’t want to go thru all 4 pages.)

Last edited:
I’d keep the FiST. Just my opinion but the RS looks like a catfish. Have the engine failures been addressed? I’ve heard of issues with the cylinder heads and the gaskets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nan3LURIq3k&t=127s

(Sorry if I’ve repeated anything already in this thread. I didn’t want to go thru all 4 pages.)
All 4 pages? Haha there are threads with literally hundreds of pages on this forum. For the builds that are affected, Ford has issued an "FSA", which means they are correcting the issue at no cost to the owner. This affects most builds for the 16 and 17 Model Year (MY), but does not affect later builds in 2017 or 2018.

All 4 pages? Haha there are threads with literally hundreds of pages on this forum. For the builds that are affected, Ford has issued an "FSA", which means they are correcting the issue at no cost to the owner. This affects most builds for the 16 and 17 Model Year (MY), but does not affect later builds in 2017 or 2018.
uh heh [hihi], you’re right. There is a 260 page thread on an RS forum on this subject. The video I saw was posted last december and the no cost fix is a redesigned head gasket.

Mikey456

I enjoy my fist as it is in stock form (save for the motor mount and lowering springs later). I’m not convinced adding more torque and horsepower to the front wheels makes the car more enjoyable to drive in twisty mountain roads. If I wanted more power I would start with a more powerful car that was rear wheel drive or all wheel drive. Unless u like to wrench (or spend money on labor) and make a hobby out of your car.

Quisp

1000 Post Club
uh heh [hihi], you’re right. There is a 260 page thread on an RS forum on this subject. The video I saw was posted last december and the no cost fix is a redesigned head gasket.
The "Fix" is the correct stock gasket.

Ford Community Posts