Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stock Sony Speakers

Would anyone happen to know where i can buy the sony speakers or even the part numbers by chance?

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Would anyone happen to know where i can buy the sony speakers or even the part numbers by chance?
I would try Tasca online. Better question is "why?"... I am replacing these with aftermarket units and as of now I have one side of each. There's a LOT of difference.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I would try Tasca online. Better question is "why?"... I am replacing these with aftermarket units and as of now I have one side of each. There's a LOT of difference.

Got a write-up by chance? Would love to swap em out, been out of the game for a while on what's good these days

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Got a write-up by chance? Would love to swap em out, been out of the game for a while on what's good these days
I will try and do one. There are a lot of write ups already on the forums. What I found lacking was the complete procedure for an amp and a subwoofer.

Swapping the speakers out is very simple - just pull the door trim and install. Somebody wrote up an approach where he cut out and used the OEM midwoofer brackets to install the aftermarket speakers - something I found to be completely unnecessary with a lot of speakers, as they come with their own brackets.

I have component speakers for the fronts and a coaxial in the rear door. And, because I am installing a hideaway amplifier and a subwoofer under the driver's and passenger's seats, I have to run the speaker wire for both the inputs and outputs, on either side of the FiST.

Also put in some sound deadening mats in the doors, not a stellar job, I must admit...

As to the choices - there are multitudes out there. I decided that I won't spend more than $750 on the whole thing; not going to enter any competitions, and do not need to convert it to a exquisite moving sound stage...[emoji23]

Still need the Sony speakers. I’ve got 4.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Which sony speaker are you looking for? They are different in models I think. You can try for sony SRS-X9 wireless speaker. Here is the details which includes in it: Low frequency- 45 Hz, high frequency- 40.0 kHz, RMS- 154W, Peak Power- 154W, Supported Formats- Apple Lossless, FLAC, MP3, WMA, WMA-L, AIFF, WAV.

Source: https://productz.com/en/sony-srs-x9-wireless-speaker

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Dude do not get the same ones, go after market for sure. I went with these and a under the seat sub and it sounds amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Re "why", factory head units are typically tuned to the characteristics of the factory speakers (and acoustic environment). Swapping out often results with a woefully unbalanced system. In such cases, an amp and EQ are recommended additions; additional complication and expense.

Sticking with the same manufacturer at least, was probably a good idea.