Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Just traded in my '04 WRX wagon for a '14 Oxford White FiST

Hey all,

Just came home yesterday with it. Bought it at Infiniti of Cincinnati (drove down from central Indiana) for $13900. I think I got a pretty good deal. It only has 20k miles on it, and to me that's practically brand new. White Recaro package with dark tints and sitting on 17" gunmetal Rota Grids.

Looks like the previous owner loved it. I'm still trying to sort out what all equipment it's got going on. I know that there's at least a cold air intake and blow off valve. I haven't been up under it yet, but I know it's got an aftermarket exhaust. Dealership said it was a straight pipe that deleted a cat. It sounds like a snarling demon. I Love it.

First order of business: Cubs decal. Second order of business: Cobb AP. I'm not sure how to tell what tune it's running. I'd guess the dealership flashed it back to stock.

Of course it rained all day today, but I've got some pictures:

camerazoom_201802241_CSxK5.jpg camerazoom_201802241_BQaA2.jpg camerazoom_201802241_wtc4O.jpg

Anyway, I'm new here! Hope to see you all around and look forward to picking everybody's brains.

Last edited:
With the front tow hook, I would guess a previous owner was an enthusiast since the installation goes beyond what a non-enthusiast owner would do. Unless the old owner stripped most aftermarket parts out, you might find some real desirable hardware. I wouldn't assume a dealer reinstalled a stock tune--I don't know why they would, especially since an Infinity dealer wouldn't have that capability. Getting an AP will be the only way you'll know what tune you're using since you will install it, based on the equipment you find or add. It looks great and welcome--lots to learn here.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Welcome and congrats on a great deal. Looks reall clean any rock chips on the front bumper? Only reason I ask is the paint is soft and they get them. Unless the previous owner put a clear bra on.

OP
deepblue
Thread Starter #7
Yeah, it's got a clear bra on it. You can kinda see it in the wheel pic. (thanks for looking out for me!)

Yeah, it's got a clear bra on it. You can kinda see it in the wheel pic. (thanks for looking out for me!)
Unfortunately the clear bra is visible with white paint, although they are wax safe so a decent cleaner wax might clean it up. Even if it doesn't, a clear bra is so worth it. Its also a $750 or so value with your partial hood coverage. I always buy one for a new car.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Welcome! I'm up here in Elkhart. Not a lot of FiSTs around here. Looks like you got a lot of nice extras with your car. Enjoy your "sleeper."

OP
deepblue
Thread Starter #11
Alright! So, crawled all over the car and my driveway, I have identified a blue Tial bov, Injen cold air intake, and Cobb rear motor mount. I'm not sure what exhaust it is, couldn't find a manufacturer name. If I'm not mistaken, this would be a stage 1 setup?

I didn't recognize anything else, but I took lots of pictures, if anybody feels like helping me play detective...!

Alright! So, crawled all over the car and my driveway, I have identified a blue Tial bov, Injen cold air intake, and Cobb rear motor mount. I'm not sure what exhaust it is, couldn't find a manufacturer name. If I'm not mistaken, this would be a stage 1 setup?

I didn't recognize anything else, but I took lots of pictures, if anybody feels like helping me play detective...!
What about an FMIC, which is shorthand for a larger, aftermarket intercooler? Does your intercooler have black plastic end tanks? Or are they silver (or black painted metal)? If you have a FMIC, you are stage 2. If you have all of the above and an aftermarket downpipe, say hello to stage 3.

OP
deepblue
Thread Starter #13
What about an FMIC, which is shorthand for a larger, aftermarket intercooler? Does your intercooler have black plastic end tanks? Or are they silver (or black painted metal)? If you have a FMIC, you are stage 2. If you have all of the above and an aftermarket downpipe, say hello to stage 3.
Well, I don't think it's an aftermarket intercooler. I couldn't get a good angle on it in my driveway, but it looks pretty stock to me:

camerazoom_201802251_WRA6r.jpg

OP
deepblue
Thread Starter #14
Also, I have confirmed that it is on the stock suspension, and I suspect it has the stock exhaust with a resonator and cat delete (edit- Maybe that's a downpipe? My subie was bone stock, so I never got into this stuff). Lemme post some pictures (sorry about the weird angles), and see if anybody can help me identify what I've got:

camerazoom_201802251_OPy65.jpg camerazoom_201802251_g7tDU.jpg camerazoom_201802251_zunLM.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think FMIC is short for aftermarket larger inter-cooler. I believe it's for front-mount inter-cooler. Which the stock one already is.

DEss

So now I need an ap to figure out what tune I'm running, right?
I don't think it's that simple.

If there was a previous ap married to your car and it was never uninstalled, you're running whatever map was last uploaded. Unless you can find that same ap (serial number), I'm not certain you'll be able to determine what map that happens to be. If you try to install another ap, you'll be given the option to overwrite the map from the previous install.

One possible way to tell if your running a non-stock map is to try the map switching function. Afaik, only Cobb ots and stratified uses the map switching function. While the car is parked and running, press the cancel cruise control button. If the tach reads 1-4k then that pretty much confirms you're running a non-stock map. Problem is, you still will not be able to determine what maps are loaded nor will you know if you're using the proper fuel.

If you want to be safe, and you know someone with a fiesta ap, you can borrow and install then uninstall it. That way, you'll be running the stock map. Unless, of course, you want buy your own ap.

DEss