Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Would you buy a Lightening Blue ST if you could.

Would you Buy a lightening Blue Fist if you could?

• Total voters

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Ok a little background to this. I totally loved Performance Blue. Blue is one of my favorite colors. Some of you may already know this.
Anyways I am ordering a 2018 through a Fleet mamager at a local dealership. I jokingly hazarded a question about ordering one in Lightening Blue. Of course he it was not possible with one exception. If one was to purchase 10 then yes Lightening Blue could be a color option along with a special paint fee. Which i jokingly said a number and he said oh not nearly that much. So I am figuring probably the custom paint price per is like the cost of a Orange Spice $595 or possibly 1k at the most.
So would you? I made it a poll because its interesting .

The idea of a group buy went through my head but I am sure the logistics would be completely tricky yet you never know. He is a fleet manager and a real Sports car guy.

Attachments

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
That color looks very similar to Performance blue I might add...Both great colors also I will say!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
That color looks very similar to Performance blue I might add...Both great colors also I will say!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
Ya it escapes me and the Fleet manager why Ford did not make it an optional color on the FiS. Its a Raptor and Cobra color , why put om base Fiesta's?

Business6

The color options for the FiST are pretty good as they are but I would have punched babies to get a lighter blue color like the ZR1's or something along those lines. Toyota has some really good looking blue colors, too.

I want the Nitrous Blue off the Focus RS! This is a fun little car that shouldn't be taken too seriously so I'd be accepting of a wild color for it.

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
I am thinking of trying a group buy speak up if you would be down.I would have to discuss logistics with the Fleet manager but if anyone could make it happen I am sure he could.

Hmmm does it look like I really want a Lightening Blue ST? Lol

Last edited:

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
I am thinking of trying a group buy speak up if you would be down.I would have to discuss logistics with the Fleet manager but if anyone could make it happen I am sure he could.

Hmmm does it look like I really want a Lightening Blue ST? Lol
A group buy to get Ford to make a special color ST? There is no way you are going to get the factory to build special color cars. Trying to get this done would create a massive problem in the supply chain. Any ST specific plastic painted parts would need to be custom painted at each of the suppliers. You would have to coordinate multiple suppliers with the plant to pull this off. There is no reason for a supplier to agree to do this. I also don't see any reason why the factory would want to do this either.

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
A group buy to get Ford to make a special color ST? There is no way you are going to get the factory to build special color cars. Trying to get this done would create a massive problem in the supply chain. Any ST specific plastic painted parts would need to be custom painted at each of the suppliers. You would have to coordinate multiple suppliers with the plant to pull this off. There is no reason for a supplier to agree to do this. I also don't see any reason why the factory would want to do this either.
You are correct except they are already painting Base 18 Fiesta's in Lightening Blue. So the paint is already at the factory. On top of that it would be a Fleet order and Fleet orders can do Special paint. I already had asked these questions of the Fleet manager who's job is to take care of Fleet sales. The only catch I have run into is the cars would have to be ordered by one company and thats the catch.

The paint is not the issue the issue is the registration and purchase so no it probably can not be done. Unless I wanted to buy ten cars myself through my engine mount business.lol a
Yes I make and sell Polyurethane engine mounts for Nissan's 240sx ( drift and road race).

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
You are correct except they are already painting Base 18 Fiesta's in Lightening Blue. So the paint is already at the factory. On top of that it would be a Fleet order and Fleet orders can do Special paint. I already had asked these questions of the Fleet manager who's job is to take care of Fleet sales. The only catch I have run into is the cars would have to be ordered by one company and thats the catch.

The paint is not the issue the issue is the registration and purchase so no it probably can not be done. Unless I wanted to buy ten cars myself through my engine mount business.lol a
Yes I make and sell Polyurethane engine mounts for Nissan's 240sx ( drift and road race).
I wish you good luck on the adventure. Having grown up at a dealership, worked for automotive suppliers, and manage a product line, I see no way to get this request done. Even for a fleet request. The fleet orders I had seen in the past were fairly large volumes if they were anything other than standard product. Those orders probably exceeded all of the Fiesta ST's that will be sold this year. Even at a very small dealership, the fleet orders were dozens of vehicles. None of them were anything special. Usually plain white for companies or one of the police schemes. Almost of all the vehicles for fleets were wrapped after delivery. I haven't been involved in dealerships for over a decade now, but with the move for more standardized production and options, I doubt they reversed course over the years I have been out of the game.

Remember that not all of the parts for the ST are painted at the factory. Bumper covers, rear diffuser, and rear spoiler all come from separate suppliers and are painted at those facilities. They are shipped according to build sequencing. There isn't anything to suggest that these suppliers have the color you are looking for as they may not produce the standard Fiesta parts at those plants.

My answer to the original question is a definite yes that I would have bought blue if it were available in 2017 when I bought my Orange Spice car. I have color envy every time I see a blue FiST. But being a current owner now, there is not any new FiST in my future.

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #13
I wish you good luck on the adventure. Having grown up at a dealership, worked for automotive suppliers, and manage a product line, I see no way to get this request done. Even for a fleet request. The fleet orders I had seen in the past were fairly large volumes if they were anything other than standard product. Those orders probably exceeded all of the Fiesta ST's that will be sold this year. Even at a very small dealership, the fleet orders were dozens of vehicles. None of them were anything special. Usually plain white for companies or one of the police schemes. Almost of all the vehicles for fleets were wrapped after delivery. I haven't been involved in dealerships for over a decade now, but with the move for more standardized production and options, I doubt they reversed course over the years I have been out of the game.

Remember that not all of the parts for the ST are painted at the factory. Bumper covers, rear diffuser, and rear spoiler all come from separate suppliers and are painted at those facilities. They are shipped according to build sequencing. There isn't anything to suggest that these suppliers have the color you are looking for as they may not produce the standard Fiesta parts at those plants.
I have a lot of respect for you . I have watched your youtube vids and the Rally stuff ...but here i beg to differ on a few poiints. I would not even of mentioned this had I not dsicussed it with a Fleet manager who is actually taking my 2018 order. I dearly wanted Blue, Orange Spice is nice but it is my second choice color wise.
Now according to this Fleet manager who is actively employed and workiing for Ford a fleet order can be as little as 10 cars. Special colors can be done. I understand you have a lot of dealership experience but by your admittance you have been out of that game for over ten years. Things can change, plus were you ever a Fleet manager? I don't think you have ever mentioned being on that side of the fence.

Anyways truth be told it was a creative idea that yes if I wanted to buy 10 cars under my company name I could probably pull off. Do I want spend the amount of money personally to do that. Lol no.
Though to dismiss it as not possible. Sorry sir done enough question asking and info gathering all ready to know its not impossible like so wamt to claim.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
I could be wrong, and you are correct that I have never been a fleet manager. I do a lot of fleet request approvals, although in a different industry, and while the sales guy always says it can be done, most of the requests from smaller fleets don't get approved. It depends on how labor intensive it is to alter production for the request and being able to cover the costs associated with non-standard product offerings. On high margin products with a large quantity, there is a good chance of getting it approved. Chances are probably better with a dozens of F250's than a handful of Fiesta ST's.

Working a trade show booth recently, my space was next to a guy displaying a Lightning blue Raptor, and that color is gorgeous. Also saw it on a new GT350R I had the pleasure of getting a few track laps on a week ago. Would I want that color on a new FIST? Heck yes, but I'd rather just have the opportunity to buy a new FIST after this year. I just saw an EcoSport on the road yesterday.... no thanks.

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #16
Working a trade show booth recently, my space was next to a guy displaying a Lightning blue Raptor, and that color is gorgeous. Also saw it on a new GT350R I had the pleasure of getting a few track laps on a week ago. Would I want that color on a new FIST? Heck yes, but I'd rather just have the opportunity to buy a new FIST after this year. I just saw an EcoSport on the road yesterday.... no thanks.
Oh ya I about to make the phone call to check the box on a Orange Spice ST with Smoke Storm Recaros and Black wheels. I want Blue and probably do have Blue envy but in the end? I will have to go with choice 2 color wise.

Edit... Phone call made order placed 2018 Fiesta ST Orange Spice Smoke Storm Recaros , Black wheels.

Last edited: