Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

XR4 MK6 traction control

fillman86

Hi, I have a 2007 Fiesta with terrible traction control. Many times I've taken off, and had the dangerous, and overzealous traction control stop, and make me crawl in the middle of an intersection that I would have already been on the other side of. (this is without even breaking traction)

I know how how to turn it off, but sometimes I forget, and was wondering if there's a way to permanently disable/delete it? I've considered taking the button out and shorting it so it's permanently registering it as being pressed, but I know how impossible it is to get into ford dashes :(

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
Remove the ABS sensor as that is what detects wheelspin. The lack of sensor shuts off TC and ABS since it doesn't have any input. The other option is to accelerate without breaking traction.

OP
F

fillman86

Thread Starter #3
I don't even get close to breaking traction though, that's the thing.... also I don't want to lose abs, I think I'm just going to jam something into the switch to leave it permanently depressed.