Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Red Focus RS

I saw a new red Focus RS at my local dealer the other day. I heard they were doing a limited run of these because it is near the end of the production cycle, which I thought was cool. That is, until I saw the thing. The problem for me with it is that all the stuff that normally is painted that very bright light blue color, is still blue on the red car. Bright light blue brake calipers. Blue RS badging everywhere inside and out. Blue stitching all over the interior. To me, it looks so out of place on a bright red car. [bash]

HBEcoBeaST

I saw a new red Focus RS at my local dealer the other day. I heard they were doing a limited run of these because it is near the end of the production cycle, which I thought was cool. That is, until I saw the thing. The problem for me with it is that all the stuff that normally is painted that very bright light blue color, is still blue on the red car. Bright light blue brake calipers. Blue RS badging everywhere inside and out. Blue stitching all over the interior. To me, it looks so out of place on a bright red car. [bash]
I think thats the limited edition since this is the last year for that RS generation.

I agree though it looks bad. I liked the black accents and I don't think the euro cars have blue calipers but they have the blue RS badging.

I actually test drove an RS. Fast, but doesn't feel fast, and a little heavy/awkward around town. I'm sure it would eat up a medium/high speed track though. Wasn't impressed with it's bottom end but I'm sure a tune and some mods would help.

The FiST is definitely more nimble and fun. Not to mention half the price.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I actually like it besides the blue accents reminds me of Spider-Man. I recently had a salesman try and convince me hard to trade my FiST in for a red RS. Ended that conversation quickly with “Are you going to pay for my insurance?”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think thats the limited edition since this is the last year for that RS generation.

I agree though it looks bad. I liked the black accents and I don't think the euro cars have blue calipers but they have the blue RS badging.

I actually test drove an RS. Fast, but doesn't feel fast, and a little heavy/awkward around town. I'm sure it would eat up a medium/high speed track though. Wasn't impressed with it's bottom end but I'm sure a tune and some mods would help.

The FiST is definitely more nimble and fun. Not to mention half the price.

How did you get to test drive a RS our dealer says I can’t

HBEcoBeaST

Maybe they refused since it was a limited edition? Or you looked like you'd Hoon it[emoji16]

I drove the RS when I was shopping FoSTs last summer. They were 'doing the numbers' on a new FoST and a sales guy asked if I wanted to test drive the RS and a FiST in the meantime. If it wasn't for that I'd never have gotten the FiST.

I live by some pretty big car dealerships in SoCal and they usually have at least one example of every model to test drive barring special editions.

I was flat out refused when I asked to test drive a Honda Civic Type R. They said all their cars were pending sale. A VW dealer told me I could only test drive a Golf R by appointment only too. It happens.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
RS's always have used blue accents and ST's have used red. It is based on performance model, not on exterior color. Just like the M colors for BMW. Remember that the RS and ST lines have existed in Europe for at least 20 years and the RS for way more than that.

Having driven both the RS and ST, the ST is a much better value. The RS is fun and makes all sorts of fun noises and is technologically more advanced and is an RS, but it costs a lot more than the ST and isn't that much more fun. The RS is still a performance bargain when you look at what cars it can compete against. I still prefer the price point and fun of the ST. I can't use all of the RS's power and performance on the street, but I can use all of the ST.

HBEcoBeast, if you drove it in normal mode, the RS kind of sucks. It feels heavy, unresponsive, slow, and quiet. If the car only had normal mode, I would declare it to suck. Switching to Sport mode changes everything and the car is way more fun. The car feels far more responsive, faster, better steering input, and the wonderful pops and gurgles.

Bright primary color combos are kind of unusual on cars. They should have embraced the scheme and made the badges bright yellow.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
Yikes, that is almost as bad as the 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca. They splashed all sorts of wild colors on the car that looked like they belonged on some kid's Grand Am after getting drunk with a can of spray paint. The official explanation for the colors was they were based on the colors used by race teams to identify the cars on track. Clearly the people picking the colors had never seen a racecar.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The dealer I test drove an RS at was owned by the very same chain as where I bought my FiST new.

THAT may have been a deciding factor, plus my advanced age, and the fact that this particular Nitrous Blue with black forged wheel version (don't recall the option package number) had been sitting at this dealer for a while even at LIST price with NO 'market adjustment' gouges.

Despite what everyone says about the Fist being so much more 'tossable' and in general 'fun', especially on the street, AND any of the head gasket/rear diff design fails, IF I had the coin, I would have bought it on the spot!
(If for no other reason than I for one have waited FOREVER, {AND complained about this} for Ford to offer U.S. here in THIS country, an RS badged, STREET LEGAL without gray market importing, rally style, AWD CAR, without having to go to one of the Teuton/Nippon nameplates for such. [wink])

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
RS's always have used blue accents and ST's have used red. It is based on performance model, not on exterior color. Just like the M colors for BMW. Remember that the RS and ST lines have existed in Europe for at least 20 years and the RS for way more than that.
PRECISELY!, and the bolded above ESPECIALLY!
HISTORY, and rally heritage MUST BE respected!!

This is something the young 'uns on here, especially those who have only been import nameplate/sport compact/'JDM' fans for most of their lives would not realize.

SCREW the 'color coordination' BS, I personally think that the blue calipers/badges/etc. look GREAT with the red, albeit I will not own another red car because I STILL believe that it catches LEOs' eyes MUCH quicker and more often than what most would consider a more sedate/'bland' color will (regardless of opinions/studies that claim otherwise).

dmb

my grandson, his dad, my son in law all work at a ford dealership, i drove them all and that lead to all kind's of problems for me. but now i love my 2018 f-150 2.7 10 speed and my 2015 fist. love them both and they can get similar mpg depending how much manifold pressure they have. but they don't come cheep anymore. long gone are the days a high school kid could buy a brand new GTO with money working at the local gas station after school. sad to say.