Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FrankenTurbo

Trader history for FrankenTurbo (0)

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Also in for local testing! I've heard of you guys before from the German enthusiast community, our FiST enthusiasts would eat up an affordable quality ~300 HP solution!

dmb

here in so cal we can go from sea level to 8,000 ft in 2 hours.... just saying...and that's with out the weed, with it, the sky's the limit. ''the smell of gun grease and the bayonets they shine'' oh! oh! showing my age.

pwnall1337

Vendor
Per Doug we're making progress on the design of the turbo and the Factory engineer will be discussing more details with him on it tomorrow.

I'll keep this posted updated with information as I have it.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Per Doug we're making progress on the design of the turbo and the Factory engineer will be discussing more details with him on it tomorrow.

I'll keep this posted updated with information as I have it.
Do you mind if I ask, is this going to be 100% complete for $1000 or less you think? I mean, it's a direct bolt-on like a hybrid but will need new wastegate and BOV? Will there be a basic tune included as well?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
This is going to come back to .....you get what you pay for....I love when people are trying to be frugal in the performance game. If you wanted to be frugal...you should've bought a Mitsubishi mirage. This will be relatively close in price to puma ill put money on it....so for those of you who are wanting this...start scraping it all together or wait until a used one comes up for sale. I n the end its pay to play! [drinking]

danbfree

3000 Post Club
This is going to come back to .....you get what you pay for....I love when people are trying to be frugal in the performance game. If you wanted to be frugal...you should've bought a Mitsubishi mirage. This will be relatively close in price to puma ill put money on it....so for those of you who are wanting this...start scraping it all together or wait until a used one comes up for sale. I n the end its pay to play! [drinking]
Maybe you missed the part where they said they would be under $1000? We also know that "you get what pay for" went out the window once China took over manufacturing and can make any quality grade product that is spec'd out to, provided you are willing to pay for it... I mean, decent quality turbo's from China, like Garrett's are made there too, can be had for well under $1000. The reason our turbo kits are so expensive is mostly the low volume and/or unfavorable exchange rates and duties on stuff from the UK... Anyway, not going to get off track any further, I was just building on the whole premise of what was promised, low-cost, not trying to open a whole new can of worms here.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I would think the cost would just be the turbo, and maybe there would be a add on option for the wastegate. I'm 90 percent sure I'm probably going to stick with the stock turbo, but I think it's awesome we have options.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I would think the cost would just be the turbo, and maybe there would be a add on option for the wastegate. I'm 90 percent sure I'm probably going to stick with the stock turbo, but I think it's awesome we have options.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
This is sordove what I was getting at.....There will always be add -ons that increase the price. [party] Ask me how I know..."Kits" aren't always complete as stated. and their are additional expenses! [wrenchin]

danbfree

3000 Post Club
This is sordove what I was getting at.....There will always be add -ons that increase the price. [party] Ask me how I know..."Kits" aren't always complete as stated. and their are additional expenses! [wrenchin]
I think they mentioned kit, but still bare for $1000 is better than bare for $1500, just curious... we need a lower cost option and I'm sure they would get decent volume on it from the many of us that just want a little more umph than the stock turbo... Of course would need a DV+ diverter valve too as well as running on top of other bolt-on's to run optimally.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

pwnall1337

Vendor
Hey Guys,

Let's keep it civilized here. Expect the turbo to cost anywhere from $1299 to $1499. It will include a wastegate actuator, but an uprated bpv/bov is still recommended as the OEM plastic one is known to crack and cause boost leaks.

Thanks,
Tim Pownall

dmb

Doug at franken said under 1k now before even one has been sold it's up 30-50% and they could be hand grenades to our engines. its happened before. I know he's in it for the money [a good thing this is the USA] but lets wait and see. hopefully he makes alot of money and we all are happy with reliable 280+ hp.

pwnall1337

Vendor
Doug at franken said under 1k now before even one has been sold it's up 30-50% and they could be hand grenades to our engines. its happened before. I know he's in it for the money [a good thing this is the USA] but lets wait and see. hopefully he makes alot of money and we all are happy with reliable 280+ hp.
The F21 series are $999 (the original turbo Doug was going to build), this turbo will be an F23 series which starts at $1,299, this platform requires more space to fit the F23 wheels so a casted turbo (non oem housing) will be used and machined which adds to the cost.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
The F21 series are $999 (the original turbo Doug was going to build), this turbo will be an F23 series which starts at $1,299, this platform requires more space to fit the F23 wheels so a casted turbo (non oem housing) will be used and machined which adds to the cost.
So it's not going to be $1000 ...gee golly whiz...I was lead to believe it wasn't going to be more than $1000. So it's in the realm of a Puma now!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk