Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

INFO: Empty F24 7.5A Audio Unit Fuse

Intuit

3000 Post Club
This fuse location may serve as a good remote turn-on for an audio amplifier. Fuse taps tend to be large and may have problems fitting with that large adjacent relay. (F17 for heated seats is also 'hot in start or run'.)

2016 Fiesta ST Service Manual says "F24 7.5A Not used" but circuit diagram is labeled "Sub Low Audio" and is "Hot in Start or Run". It is not identified as 'hot at all times'.

Behind the glove box there's a fuse block.
This F24 location appears to be empty on my 2016 Fiesta.
Top-left quadrant, bottom-right corner of that quadrant is an empty fuse slot.

You can zoom in on the photos.

Photo of Fuse Block: (behind glove box)
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhsZJDCN8kMMi1_mXlTAg_3t0ujz

In the owner's manual, the slot is labeled, F24 7.5A Audio Unit. The fuse merely feeds something called an "Audio Front Control Module". It has been mentioned in other threads, that non-ST model Fiesta can have a small 8" sub-woofer optioned in.

Owner's Manual Fuse Block:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhsZJDCN8kMMgaQVTsf_HsnWWwA9Xg

OP
Intuit

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
================ NOT A GOOD FIND AFTER ALL ====================

For my 2016,

the F24 location doesn't work at all. (metal contact pin neither grounds or powers)
The F17 works only when the ignition is on. (the metal contact pin powers 12v)

If you're in radio-only mode, F17 isn't powered. But this is what I'm using for now.

F10 (SYNC system) seems to stay powered all the time. (so this would be a bad choice for amp remote turn-on)

As mentioned, the non-ST Fiesta can have a powered sub optioned-in.
* Does anyone here know whether the ST and non-ST Fiestas can share the same radio?
* Does anyone know whether there is a lead for remote turn-on behind the radio in the ST?

One of those relays, possibly R9, kicks-out on delay. Tapping into that, might be something worth investigating.