Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

VT330R Hybrid Turbo Kit Install and Review

OP
VirtualRonin

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Thread Starter #101
91 octane tuning is done. We moved on to E30 today so that should wrap before Friday when I hit the actual dyno. Here's my Virtual Dyno results from the 91 octane tune. This is with stock fuel system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

felopr

91 octane tuning is done. We moved on to E30 today so that should wrap before Friday when I hit the actual dyno. Here's my Virtual Dyno results from the 91 octane tune. This is with stock fuel system.

looks like the wastegate problem didn't affect you? you where the one that was having problems right?
I like the smoothness of that curve, tune+?

OP
VirtualRonin

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Thread Starter #103
looks like the wastegate problem didn't affect you? you where the one that was having problems right?
I like the smoothness of that curve, tune+?
Yeah, I swapped back to the AET supplied wastegate actuator. With this particular turbo the 11psi spring actually produced 11psi with the baseline tune. We expected a bit higher psi with a 3mm preload but we only got the 11psi. So we pushed on and it all worked out in the end.

Yes sir, Tune+

I'm excited to see my V-Dyno results with the E30 tune. I did my datalog today and it felt like my LSD was fighting for grip; I could feel the wheel pulling slightly left and right at the top of the RPM range like the tires were searching for grip. May have to update my alignment, currently slightly toe-in. Maybe zero toe would help in straight line pulls like that.

Just thought about this; I may have forgotten to shut the electronic stability off after filling up at the station. I drove about 45 minutes before my datalog run and don't recall whether or not I held the TC button to shut it off. Not something I usually forget to do but it happens.

Last edited:

felopr

haven't you had a x47 before? or anyone with a x47 with the same fuel quality for comparing purposes

Last edited:
OP
VirtualRonin

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Thread Starter #105
I haven't you had a x47 before? or anyone with a x47 with the same fuel quality for comparing purposes
I'm sure it will be comparable to the other hybrids out there. 91 octane isn't going to net any big numbers but on E30 it should be competitive. I'm more interested in the TQ and HP curves than anything though since that's what will be useable on track, maybe not so much autocross. I run my car in both.

felopr

I'm sure it will be comparable to the other hybrids out there. 91 octane isn't going to net any big numbers but on E30 it should be competitive. I'm more interested in the TQ and HP curves than anything though since that's what will be useable on track, maybe not so much autocross. I run my car in both.

Is still a hybrid, is going to fall of his face at close to red line, time will tell or better said, Friday when you dyno it lol

Cant beat the VT330R buddy welcome to the 300+whp club ;-) Speedo is MPH and there are some fast cars getting mashed here guys/gals

[video=youtube;2GBGfeyDpus]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GBGfeyDpus[/video]

I could send you a dyno graph to 302whp but cant figure how to load pic... I have put a video on from Oulton Park UK of the car running on track though.... Good watch if you go front to back.. Still road going Fiesta 3Dr 2014 ST3...

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I could send you a dyno graph to 302whp but cant figure how to load pic... I have put a video on from Oulton Park UK of the car running on track though.... Good watch if you go front to back.. Still road going Fiesta 3Dr 2014 ST3...
Mike you can email it to me
ron@whooshmotorsports.com
I'll gladly post it for you

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
here you go!

felopr

Here's my E30 V-Dyno graph. We'll see how it compares to a real dyno tomorrow afternoon.

You are just rolling it on the dyno for comparison reasons or you going to do some tuning while you are at it?
BTW, would love to see the AFR on those vdyno if you can

OP
VirtualRonin

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Thread Starter #113
You are just rolling it on the dyno for comparison reasons or you going to do some tuning while you are at it?
BTW, would love to see the AFR on those vdyno if you can
Yeah, I just want to see where the car is at performance wise. I'm not doing any tuning, just some baseline runs.

The AFR is on the V-Dyno graph already; it's the solid line in the lower box. Boost is the dashed line.

felopr

Yeah, I just want to see where the car is at performance wise. I'm not doing any tuning, just some baseline runs.

The AFR is on the V-Dyno graph already; it's the solid line in the lower box. Boost is the dashed line.

Derp, i am an idiot, nvm me

OP
VirtualRonin

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Thread Starter #115
Just got back from doing a couple runs on the Dynojet at Hitech Motorsports in Elk River, MN.

Just over 280HP/280TQ at the wheels [emoji16]

They specialize in V8 powered vehicles so they did not have the boost module for the Dynojet as they would rarely get much use out of it.

These are 4th gear pulls on E30

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Just got back from doing a couple runs on the Dynojet at Hitech Motorsports in Elk River, MN.

Just over 280HP/280TQ at the wheels [emoji16]

They specialize in V8 powered vehicles so they did not have the boost module for the Dynojet as they would rarely get much use out of it.

These are 4th gear pulls on E30

Bart, the owner, was very knowledgeable and asked if I wanted to do 1 of the runs and of course I said yes. I helped set it up and did the 2nd of 2 runs. Not bad for $75 and a lesson in dyno setup and how to do a baseline run.

Here's a video of my 2nd run

https://youtu.be/PdiD3ab9gnw

Good old Bart....good numbers! We are gonna have to size up when I get all my garbage done and tuned! Text me when you get a chance man...

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Looks like it's not falling on it's face at redline like someone said all hybrids do. The vt330r has a much bigger compressor side to the turbo which is why it don't fall on it's face
It's a great alternative to the pumapoop!

jeff

2000 Post Club
[MENTION=1907]VirtualRonin[/MENTION] great results man I’m happy for you. This thread has been so well written and documented, thank you again for providing all the info you have.

Looks like it's not falling on it's face at redline like someone said all hybrids do. The vt330r has a much bigger compressor side to the turbo which is why it don't fall on it's face
Someone said a lot of things. My hybrid peaks at 6100 which is exactly where this turbo peaks. Neither of them “fall on their face”. I would recommend you get more info before posting false statements like that.

It's a great alternative to the pumapoop!

Easy man!!! Puma Hybrids are single digit percentage failure rate!!

felopr

Good looking video but the dyno needs better ventilation
with how hot it was and the poor ventilation, I wouldn't be surprise if it killed like 10 ponies or something