Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Issue after Sub Install

My friend and I installed a subwoofer yesterday, well now when the car is locked it sits there and cycles the locking system. It is like it's trying to lock itself over and over again. The first time it started doing it the hazard lights were flashing with the locking system as well, as normal with a locking cycle.

The only issue during install was when we were bolting up the power terminal to the battery and we couldn't get the bolt to tighten down anymore, we undid the self-locking bolt too much and it wouldn't thread back on.

Any Ideas?

OP
R
Thread Starter #3
Well, I goofed. Took it to a friend of mine that does audio and we realized we tapped into the factory security harness wire [:0]

He was able to sort the issue all out [wink]

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Backtrack on everything ya'll touched and will probably realize the issue.

If you did any speaker wiring, double, triple, quadruple check that the wrong wires weren't tapped into, pinched or shorted. Especially if ya'll were working in low-light, it is quite easy to grab the wrong wire.