Hello and welcome to our Fiesta ST Forum community! Is this your first visit?
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member 22 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points  
    City
    Colorado Springs
    State
    CO
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    any input on the clutch lifespan? even solid opinions would be appreciated im at 35k and was wondering if i am getting close to it. so far no issues with my clutch but i just like to get it done before it gets close to the timeframe. had the clutch on my evo 8 go out and the hood vent was smoking like a chimney lol

Member 38 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    City
    Charlottesville
    State
    VA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Usually 50k to 75 on dampeners. 150k+ on clutch. 90k to 100k on timing belt is on the safe side for an interference engine.

Ratings | Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Eerie
    State
    IN
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ROCKYFiestta View Post
    any input on the clutch lifespan? even solid opinions would be appreciated im at 35k and was wondering if i am getting close to it. so far no issues with my clutch but i just like to get it done before it gets close to the timeframe. had the clutch on my evo 8 go out and the hood vent was smoking like a chimney lol
    Clutch life (along with the life of every other component of the car) depends mostly on how you use it.

If you race it, go for 0-60 times, or like to do burnouts, it won't last as long.

The B-6 is a sturdy, if clunky and clattery, tranny. It's used in many Fords, including the FoST. If you get a good one, and break it in gently, it'll last for the life of the car. It routinely handles more power than most FiSTs make. The clutch is weird, but it should last 100,000 at least, if you aren't beating on it. Twice that, if you're a mileage jockey.
    Last edited by XR650R; 09-12-2018 at 10:38 PM.
    2017 Magnetic, everything but the Recaros. MP 215, mountune shift kit and shift knob, Husky floor liners. That's all I'm doing, I swear!.. OK, I lied. Also added an intake hose and symposer delete. But that really is all, I swear this time! Okay. just one other thing: A mountune RMM. Now I really am done, I promise!

Member 22 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points  
    City
    Colorado Springs
    State
    CO
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

100k sounds great ill be replacing mine then at 60k with my lead feet. either way impressive

Senior Member 312 Rep Points

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    South West Ohio
    State
    OH
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ROCKYFiestta View Post
    That purely depends on the driver. I never had to replace it on a prior car with nearly 330k. Completely different vehicle but a cousin could burn'em out in less than 20k. On an embarrassing misdiagnosis, I had mine out somewhere between 180 and 210 IIRC, and it was just as thick as the replacement I bought. So it would've lasted the life of the vehicle easy. The OEM was a high quality six-spring Daikin clutch disc. The replacement was only four and by comparison, felt very cheap.
    2016 Ford Fiesta ST Kona Blue ; Engine, Suspension will remain untouched ; Southwest Ohio ; Winter: 215/45R17 Continental ; Seasonal: 205/40R17 Bridgestone

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals

City
    jakarta
    Country
    Angola
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi i’m from indonesia, i have a trouble after ford dealers updating the transmission software on my car the trouble is when i’m released the brake pedal the car gliding is not normal, before updating the software,the car is normal
    any idea about this?
    thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Medals
    City
    Eerie
    State
    IN
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kristian View Post
    hi i’m from indonesia, i have a trouble after ford dealers updating the transmission software on my car the trouble is when i’m released the brake pedal the car gliding is not normal, before updating the software,the car is normal
    any idea about this?
    thanks

Is this an auto transmission?
    2017 Magnetic, everything but the Recaros. MP 215, mountune shift kit and shift knob, Husky floor liners. That's all I'm doing, I swear!.. OK, I lied. Also added an intake hose and symposer delete. But that really is all, I swear this time! Okay. just one other thing: A mountune RMM. Now I really am done, I promise!

Medals
    City
    South West Ohio
    State
    OH
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XR650R View Post
    Yes.
    2016 Ford Fiesta ST Kona Blue ; Engine, Suspension will remain untouched ; Southwest Ohio ; Winter: 215/45R17 Continental ; Seasonal: 205/40R17 Bridgestone

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals

City
    jakarta
    Country
    Angola
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XR650R View Post
    yes AT DPS6, do you have a same problem?

Medals
    City
    South West Ohio
    State
    OH
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Welcome to the forums Kristian! Our particular iteration of the Fiesta is only available with a manual transmission.

I will try to keep in mind that there may be some issues with language translation. But, to make an attempt at answering your question... Let us pretend that you're coasting along at 40kph and you release the brake pedal? What happens? Does it rapidly decelerate? Does it coast along as if in neutral? Does it start to accelerate?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast