Welcome to Fiesta ST Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points  
    State
    TN
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Free Engine warranties up to 500,000 miles. Yes free!

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Did you guys know that some oil companies like Pennzoil, Valvoline and Quaker State offer free engine warranties? Some out to 500,000 miles just by using their oil. They almost never have claims because if you change your oil and filters your engine will not fail due to lubrication. But if you want free insurance it is available. You are going to change your oil anyway right? My 1981 320iS BMW did over 330K and burned no oil. And this was Quaker State dino oil!

Quaker State covers the following

Pistons & Piston Rings
    Oil Pump & Timing Chains
    Crankshaft and Bearings
    Rocker Arms and Pivots
    Rods
    Rod Bearings
    Push Rods
    Camshaft and Bearings
    Valve Stems and Guides
    Wrist Pins and Bushings
    Turbo Bearings
    Valve Lifter
    Cylinder Lining or Bore
    Distributor Drive Gear
    Timing Gears or Sprocket

They also give you $3000 back if you go 300,000 miles in 10 years.

Anyway, these programs are free and some are transferable. Check them out.....free is like really cheap.

2016 White Platinum, Moonroof.

Mountune MP215, Resonator delete, max legal tint, Sound Symposer delete, Yellow Lamin X fogs, Damond Motorsports OCC,Yellow Brake Calipers, Mountune Yellow shifter, Yellow ST tags.

Member 47 Rep Points
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    Country
    Canada
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

That's nice, but there's probably a shit ton of restrictions. First that comes to mind is that we need to prove that it's the oil that caused the failure. How do they know I did not used shit oil and then changed to theirs after 150k to have it blow at 175k? They will need some sort of proof that we used their oil for the vast majority of the life of the vehicle...

I'm too lazy to look into it, but it seems like a marketing warranty more than an actual warranty.

By the way, I would love to be proven otherwise!
    2014 Tuxedo Black
    Power
    Cobb Stage 2 | ST200 airbox | Ramair filter | Mishimoto J-line intercooler | Velossa Big Mouth | Boomba BOV adapter
    Handling
    AWR 88a RMM | AET VUDU short shift | TBPerformance stage 3
    Style
    LED fog lights | LED inside lights | Shorty antenna | Muteki SR48 black | Red plastidip: Cup spoiler Bottom rear diffuser Mirror caps | Black plastidip : Stock wheels

New Member 17 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

Country
    Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Definitely a marketing gimmick.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points  
    State
    TN
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kalter View Post
    That's nice, but there's probably a shit ton of restrictions. First that comes to mind is that we need to prove that it's the oil that caused the failure. How do they know I did not used shit oil and then changed to theirs after 150k to have it blow at 175k? They will need some sort of proof that we used their oil for the vast majority of the life of the vehicle...

I'm too lazy to look into it, but it seems like a marketing warranty more than an actual warranty.

All you need is your oil receipts.....of course it is a "gimmick" in that 99.99% will never file a claim. But if any of the covered parts fail they pay for it. All three are pretty simple. It is a numbers game and most people will never experience an engine failure. Even using cheap dino oil most engines will not have a failure before you get rid of the car. So if you wanted to keep your car for many years why not use it...it is free if you ever do need it. You have to buy oil any way you look at it. At 330k on QS dino oil my BMW never had the engine burn oil then we donated it. All was on Quaker State and I maintained the records but never had a use for the warranty. Only exclusions are commercial use (taxi) and racing that I have found. My preferred oil for my ST is not one of these or I would use it. Like the BMW I will keep Fifi until either she or I dies!

2016 White Platinum, Moonroof.

Mountune MP215, Resonator delete, max legal tint, Sound Symposer delete, Yellow Lamin X fogs, Damond Motorsports OCC,Yellow Brake Calipers, Mountune Yellow shifter, Yellow ST tags.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    State
    NC
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Exactly it's just the numbers game, it's like mail-in rebates a lot of people never go through the process. Yeah I use fully synthetic oil, but I've never seen a engine fail that actually had it's oil changed and never got low. If it did fail it had nothing to do with lubrication.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Senior Member 252 Rep Points me32's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalter View Post

Bingo
    2008 Shelby GT500
    2921 out of 6513 coupes
    132 of 314 Alloy Metallic
    Shelby Dash Plaque,FRPP TVS Super power pack ,Drag Pack,SVT handling pack,FRPP Cobra Jet TB/MAF/80lb injectors,J&M UCA,LCA,Adj.PHB,SFC,PH A/D,O/R H, DynoMax 3in,CHE, Shelby Rad/HE,VMP 2.59,KB BAP,L&M plenum,BMR KMEMEBER,AED CUSTOM RETURN STYLE FUEL SYSTEM.
    91/E85 tune by SHAUN AT AED
    700HP/700TQ ON E85
    10.78 @ 129MPH 1.644 60FT

2014 Fiesta ST Green Envy Tricoat SOLD
    2014 Tuxedo Black Fusion