Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

GB Group Buy #2: Euro Headlight DRL Wiring Harness Kit

Trader history for VirtualRonin (1)

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Welcome to the 2nd Group Buy for the Euro Headlight DRL Harness Kit!

Please read the information below so you can make an informed decision on whether or not this kit is for you.

I highly recommend reading the Installation Guide applicable to your Model Year vehicle to get an idea of what the install is like and tools you will need.

These kits have been tested and installed with DEPO (LHD) and Ford OEM Euro headlamps only, I cannot guarantee functionality on any other brands at this time.

If you have DEPO, I will need to know if you had them retrofitted. The DEPO RHD (Right Hand Drive) headlight wiring is like the Ford OEM.

This kit will allow the DRL to operate in 2 modes; High Output mode for day driving when the lights are off and Low Output mode when the lights are on or the light switch is set to Park. Installation is completely reversible, meaning you will not have to permanently modify any wiring on the OEM harness. You will need to install a few wires from the harness into the left and right headlight connectors and install an Add-A-Circuit into the engine bay fuse box.

DRL Harness Kit Overview video, click here

2014-2015 Ford Fiesta ST DRL Harness Installation, click here

2016-2017 Ford Fiesta ST DRL Harness Installation, click here

I will need a minimum of 5 people to make a run of kits, but can scale up to 15 max. For a run of up to 5 kits, the price will be $75 shipped. If I get more people that want a kit I can reduce the price to $70 shipped. These kits will be made to order, I don't plan to make any ahead of time so I will need 1-2 weeks to build them and have them ready to ship. I will get them shipped as quickly as I can get them built. I prefer PayPal for payment and I plan to ship using USPS.

To add your name to the list, please reply to the thread with "Add me to the list" and include your vehicle model year and headlight brand.

Planned cutoff date will be Sunday, July 1st. Please have your request in by midnight. Maximum number of kits will be 15.

Group Buy List (minimum 6 for discounted price) 1-5 kits $75 ea. / 6+ kits $70 ea.

1. Poloadvance95, 2017, Ford OEM
  2. dL_ST, 2015, DEPO (LHD)
  3. coneklr, 2016, Ford OEM
  4. Ducky, 2014, DEPO (RHD)
  5. bhmax, 2016, Ford OEM
  6. SwAp GaS, 2015, DEPO (LHD)
  7. RacetruckRon, 2017, DEPO (LHD)

Attachments

Last edited:
Add me to the list please!

Poloadvance95 fiesta st-2017- ford oem (from whoosh motorsports)

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would that include shipped to Canada? Or another possibility in my case is I'm in Cali until July 8th. Do you think you'd be able to mail it to make it to my friends house by then?

OP
VirtualRonin

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Thread Starter #6
Would that include shipped to Canada? Or another possibility in my case is I'm in Cali until July 8th. Do you think you'd be able to mail it to make it to my friends house by then?
I can make that work but it would cost a bit extra to get it to you on time. I had planned to have some ready to ship on Friday, July 5th. It would have to go overnight shipping not sure what the going rate is for that. No more than $20 I would think, probably more like $12-15. Let me know if you would like to be added to the list.

OP
VirtualRonin

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Thread Starter #12
I'll take a kit for my 2014 SFE! I think I need Depo style wiring for these eBay specials, right?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Fiest...dlights-Headlamps-LED-DRL-1-Pair/282866772798
I can't make any guarantees the kit will work with these particular headlights because it doesn't say who makes them so I don't know the connector wiring pinout. Plus, the description says these are for Right Hand Drive cars only so I would not buy these unless you plan to retrofit the them. The headlights must be for Left Hand Drive vehicles.

D

Ducky

I can't make any guarantees the kit will work with these particular headlights because it doesn't say who makes them so I don't know the connector wiring pinout. Plus, the description says these are for Right Hand Drive cars only so I would not buy these unless you plan to retrofit the them. The headlights must be for Left Hand Drive vehicles.
Yep, Morimoto LED projectors are being swapped in instead of the RHD halogen projectors. Since I've got to do repinning anyway, should I just get OEM style and fix it to match if it doesn't immediately work?

OP
VirtualRonin

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Thread Starter #14
Yep, Morimoto LED projectors are being swapped in instead of the RHD halogen projectors. Since I've got to do repinning anyway, should I just get OEM style and fix it to match if it doesn't immediately work?
Nice! If you're keeping the DRL strips that came with the headlights I would ask your retrofitter to test them to verify the wiring pinout for the DRLs. They just need a 12V power supply to test them. Apply ground to Pin 7 and test the DRL LEDs by applying 12V to either input pin for each mode.

Here are the 2 known DRL pinouts;

Ford OEM Euro DRL wiring pinout:
Pin 7) DRL (-) Ground
Pin 1) DRL (+) High
Pin 9) DRL (+) Low

Depo Euro DRL wiring pinout:
Pin 7) DRL (-) Ground
Pin 9) DRL High (+)
Pin 6) DRL Low (+

D

Ducky

Nice! If you're keeping the DRL strips that came with the headlights I would ask your retrofitter to test them to verify the wiring pinout for the DRLs. They just need a 12V power supply to test them. Apply ground to Pin 7 and test the DRL LEDs by applying 12V to either input pin for each mode.

Here are the 2 known DRL pinouts;

Ford OEM Euro DRL wiring pinout:
Pin 7) DRL (-) Ground
Pin 1) DRL (+) High
Pin 9) DRL (+) Low

Depo Euro DRL wiring pinout:
Pin 7) DRL (-) Ground
Pin 9) DRL High (+)
Pin 6) DRL Low (+
I passed that along. Thank you so much. I'll update when I figure out which one I have, but put me on the list for something haha

V_2

I passed that along. Thank you so much. I'll update when I figure out which one I have, but put me on the list for something haha
I think that is the seller I got my lights from. They were DEPO brand but the RHD are wired the same as OEM lights.