Welcome to Fiesta ST Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Staff Team Staff Team 1313 Rep Points Fiesta ST of the Month Winner D1JL's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points  
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by cxwrench View Post
    I've got a silicone induction pipe...from the airbox to the crossover pipe...legal? I've looked through this thread and don't remember seeing anything.
    Now you are in the territory of illegality.
    The emission systems start at the Mass Air Flow Sensor and end at the Cat Efficiency Sensor.
    Anything in between is controlled by smog laws.
    So unless it is exempted by an EO# or it is an item of non concern (as I listed above) It is illegal.

Dave
    Modifying cars is a sickness.....and I have it.

Click The Links Below to See what I Have Done.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by D1JL View Post
    Now you are in the territory of illegality.
    The emission systems start at the Mass Air Flow Sensor and end at the Cat Efficiency Sensor.
    Anything in between is controlled by smog laws.
    So unless it is exempted by an EO# or it is an item of non concern (as I listed above) It is illegal.

Dave
    Thanks Dave! I've the OEM pipe so I can just swap that back in. Haven't had to smog the car yet, next year maybe?
    # 169 2014 Race Red, Recaros, Nav, the whole enchilada.
    16x7 Sparco Assetto Gara, 205/45-16 B-stone Potenza RE760 Sport, AWR rmm, Ramair filter & intake pipe, Whoosh symposer delete, Motul 300, Cobb AP & knob. Tint.

Member 95 Rep Points HBEcoBeaST's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points  
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by cxwrench View Post
    Thanks Dave! I've the OEM pipe so I can just swap that back in. Haven't had to smog the car yet, next year maybe?
    Unless it throws a code I wouldn't worry about it. Getting your car smogged with aftermarket parts is easy.

It's the inspection due to a citation that you have to worry about it

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Staff Team Staff Team 1313 Rep Points Fiesta ST of the Month Winner D1JL's Avatar

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points  
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by HBEcoBeaST View Post
    Unless it throws a code I wouldn't worry about it. Getting your car smogged with aftermarket parts is easy.

It's the inspection due to a citation that you have to worry about it
    Yes, you can always take your chances and hope the Smog Tech does not see/care.
    I would suggest however, that you select a test station that offers, "Pass or Retest Free".
    This type of test station is more likely to overlook something to avoid the free retest.
    If you do get caught you can fix the infraction and then have it tested again.

Dave
    Last edited by D1JL; 09-16-2018 at 03:11 AM.

Member #
    Medals
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

2 Likes

Maybe this will help as well.

One could argue that the Silicone Intake Hose, Crossover Pipe, or Charge Pipes were replacements for durability.
    See info below from the same reference guide.

Hose(s) - Minor configuration changes are acceptable. Universal replacement hose in place of preformed hose, etc. do not require an EO#

CARB Definitions of Aftermarket Parts

“Replacement Part” means any aftermarket part intended to replace an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) emissions-related part and which is functionally identical to the original equipment part in all respects which in any way affect emissions (including durability) or a consolidated part. These parts are typically advertised for street use on emission controlled vehicles.

California Code of Regulations (CCR) Title 13 § 1900 (b) (20)

Some examples: Replacement air filter elements, spark plugs, spark plug wires, distributor caps, chromed valve covers, replacement EGR valves, and replacement carburetors. (Note: A replacement EGR valve or carburetor must be specified as replacement, by the part manufacturer, for the vehicle on which it is installed).

Remember however, that it is all up to the interpretation of the Smog Inspector but I think we could win this one.
    Understand as well that emission hoses like PCV must use proper replacement hoses and they are marked.

Dave

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Thanks for the research Dave!
    # 169 2014 Race Red, Recaros, Nav, the whole enchilada.
    16x7 Sparco Assetto Gara, 205/45-16 B-stone Potenza RE760 Sport, AWR rmm, Ramair filter & intake pipe, Whoosh symposer delete, Motul 300, Cobb AP & knob. Tint.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234