Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Team Dynamics owners - ever experience bent wheels?

I have a set of TD Pro Race 1.2s and I needed to get my wheels rebalanced today because of a vibration over 80mph. Tire shop said two of my wheels were bent just enough to throw off the balance but they were able to balance them out. I don't recall hitting any gnarly potholes or anything so I'm a little puzzled. Just curious if anybody else has had this issue.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Mine are straight and true, and did not take massive amounts of wheel weights to balance out, but they do only have about 3K miles worth of (smoother than cratered winter time roads) summer only, use on them.

What size, and especially PROFILE tires are you running on them?? (I'm on 215/40-17 RS-RRs on 17x8 1.2s, so there IS a slight bit more side wall 'cushion' than using the factory 205/40s. ;) )

Last edited:
i bent a TD 17x8 matte black wheel in an accident. I wanted to swap to the dekagrams anyway so I now have an extra 3 wheels (1 with curb rash). If you’re interested in one let me know.

OP
F
Thread Starter #4
Mine are straight and true, and did not take massive amounts of wheel weights to balance out, but they do only have about 3K miles worth of smooth road, summer only, use on them.

What size, and especially PROFILE tires are you running on them?? (I'm on 215/40-17 RS-RRs on 17x8 1.2s, so there IS a slight bit more side wall 'cushion' than using the factory 205/40s. ;) )
They're 15x8 with 195/55R15 BFG Pro Comp 2 tires.

OP
F
Thread Starter #5
Well I drove to work today and I'm still getting some vibration in the front at 80mph. It's not as pronounced as it was but it's still there. I'm starting to think maybe the tires themselves are the culprits or I'm hitting some kind of resonance at that speed. I found a tire shop that has a Roadforce Elite maybe I should give that a try?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Well I drove to work today and I'm still getting some vibration in the front at 80mph. It's not as pronounced as it was but it's still there. I'm starting to think maybe the tires themselves are the culprits or I'm hitting some kind of resonance at that speed. I found a tire shop that has a Roadforce Elite maybe I should give that a try?
Yes, IF they can keep moving the tire on the wheel until they get the best 'trueness' out of them, which will take the least amount of weight to balance, it might just work. ;)

OP
F
Thread Starter #7
Yes, IF they can keep moving the tire on the wheel until they get the best 'trueness' out of them, which will take the least amount of weight to balance, it might just work. ;)
I'll give it a try. I really want to avoid buying new wheels and tires if at all possible.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
IF the tire turns out to be THAT out of whack, you may have to buy one (or two if they're very worn). :(

I bent 4 17x8's with 214/40's in one potholed corner. I replaced 2 of them thinking that's where the vibration was coming from to find that the other two had slight bends too! They're small radial bends on the barrel that can easily be straightened by a good shop. I haven't done it though since I switched to 15x8's with 225/50's. No worries now about potholes. On 17's, you need to run high pressure to avoid bends. I guess I should just get rid of those near new 17x8's.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I bent 4 17x8's with 214/40's in one potholed corner. I replaced 2 of them thinking that's where the vibration was coming from to find that the other two had slight bends too! They're small radial bends on the barrel that can easily be straightened by a good shop. I haven't done it though since I switched to 15x8's with 225/50's. No worries now about potholes. On 17's, you need to run high pressure to avoid bends. I guess I should just get rid of those near new 17x8's.
THIS! [thumb]

I run my 215/40-17 RS-RRs at STUPID high pressures on the street, yup, to try and save those 17x8 1.2s. ;)