Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Was he just messing with me?

Current model STI from a 30 or 40 roll in 2nd.. 3 honks and stayed even up till about 80. Then I backed out. I'm bone stock. Is that even possible?

It was on a "track"

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

jeff

2000 Post Club
This is funny because a newer STi was the first car I had a chance to mess with after my stage 3 setup was finished. It left me far in the dust, and I mean in the dust, that was when I stopped believing I had a fast car.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
It is believable if he started in the wrong gear. Or maybe it was just a WRX and he also started in the wrong gear LOL

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
I once technically beat a new CTS-V from 20 to about 100. Spinning ain't winning, is all I will say about that caddy. He was coming fast but technically I was still in front when we had to hit the brakes for the light LOL.

I'm not stock but I'm also nowhere near as fast as a CTS-V LOL. Just goes to show that in the real world anything can happen.

OP
A
Thread Starter #8

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
The STi is a full second faster in the quarter mile. Yes it weighs more and yes it has more power but it is still faster.

cxwrench

Did 1st gear (10mph) roll-ons w/ a friend driving his stock S2000 (235ish hp) . Pulled a car length on him instantly then it stayed the same til about 80 when we ran out of room. Cars are apparently very close in weight but we have way more torque. He couldn't believe it and we had to do it 3 times before he finally gave up. The WRX and the STi are nearly identical in 0-60...I'd think they'd be a decent amount quicker but who knows?

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
In my opinion the best explanation is that the driver of the Subaru underestimated the FiST and started in 4th when it should've started in 3rd. A win is a win.

cxwrench

The Fiesta is in it's element on tight twisty back roads. A stop light king it is not. If going fast in a straight line is your thing you probably bought the wrong car.
Sorry if we ruined your weekend by using our cars improperly for a few seconds. No one mentioned anything about buying an ST so they could go street racing, it was purely a situational thing the OP was wondering about.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
30-80mph is what the OP said, the Subaru would not have been in 4th gear. Likely 2nd, possibly 3rd if the driver was ignoramus, but even in 3rd the car would soon hit 3k rpms and fly past the Fiesta. I've owned both cars, overboost or not, weight differences aside, even if a monkey were driving the Subaru, there aren't many variables in a straight line race, the STi is fast, the FiST is slow especially in stock form, bottom line folks.
Uhhhhh, if he was in 2nd at 30mph he would've blown the doors off the Fiesta

I remember playing with a ZL1 not thinking they would play... I was left so far behind it really isnt funny. Definitely humbled me, but yea.. straightline performance isnt why I bought the car.