Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Just watch it's worth it.

OP
Ford ST

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
Wondering when he’ll do a FiST review
In his personal opinion the platform is to outdated to be used as a new car review. Maybe as a used car review one day.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
Ford ST

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
Its interestig he rips on the Focus RS.
He hates how it holds back power in the first two gears. Also hates the ride. He is very big on how the factory tunes a car for drivability. I love his review style and knowledge even if he rips on some cars I like. He gives the Civic type-r shit to for popping out of 3rd gear.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
He hates how it holds back power in the first two gears. Also hates the ride. He is very big on how the factory tunes a car for drivability. I love his review style and knowledge even if he rips on some cars I like. He gives the Civic type-r shit to for popping out of 3rd gear.

Ya it was an interesting watch. I then watched the German guy and his impression of the Mustang GT I did not realize they are in love with it. I.E. Germans and Europeans

TDavis

1000 Post Club
In his personal opinion the platform is to outdated to be used as a new car review. Maybe as a used car review one day.

Yeah I can see that but it still be interesting to see. Especially since it doesn't look at everything with rose colored glasses.

Its interestig he rips on the Focus RS.
One thing I like about him. He doesn't jump on the hype train. He gives both sides.

Sad times. What has to world come to when the STI is the pinnacle of handling and driving engagement? [sad]

A7xogg

Sad times. What has to world come to when the STI is the pinnacle of handling and driving engagement? [sad]
I've herd they are numb, but I've never driven a sti out a wrx and Evo so I cannot say anything about the sti

I've herd they are numb, but I've never driven a sti out a wrx and Evo so I cannot say anything about the sti
I remember the WRX always being the red-headed stepchild when it came to handling in comparos through all of the 2000's. Evo, S2000, 335i, RX8, etc, etc. would always rate better. The only thing that understeers more is an AWD Audi. It seems obvious that a vehicle that drives with the same wheels that it steers with will concede handling to the vehicle that splits the jobs between 2 axles. Unless, of course, you put a video game controller for steering into the latter. I admit that it's nice to not have to worry about power steering fluid, rack slop, and the pump. But I'm under no delusion that everything I feel at the wheel isn't simulated. Especially when you still get to drive a car with a decent hydraulic rack regularly.
It's ironic that Subaru is winning among the enthusiasts due to corporate stagnation.

A7xogg

I remember the WRX always being the red-headed stepchild when it came to handling in comparos through all of the 2000's. Evo, S2000, 335i, RX8, etc, etc. would always rate better. The only thing that understeers more is an AWD Audi. It seems obvious that a vehicle that drives with the same wheels that it steers with will concede handling to the vehicle that splits the jobs between 2 axles. Unless, of course, you put a video game controller for steering into the latter. I admit that it's nice to not have to worry about power steering fluid, rack slop, and the pump. But I'm under no delusion that everything I feel at the wheel isn't simulated. Especially when you still get to drive a car with a decent hydraulic rack regularly.
It's ironic that Subaru is winning among the enthusiasts due to corporate stagnation.
I just read an article my motor trend comparing the sti ra, the golf r, focus RS, and the type r. The sti came in last, type r in first so they don't like the sti either

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
At least watch the intro to this video it's awesome.
The irony is that there are MANY of the peckerwood/shitbilly types he was stereotyping in that intro who will now buy/drive not just Toyota trucks, but even Camrys and the like, (and DEFEND their purchases, especially if screwed together here, in their 'backyards' transplant import nameplate factories) so his use of that to enhance the 'sophistication', or 'cosmopolitan-ness' of a Scooby buyer is now a misleading representation.
(But yeah, that was hilarious! [thumb])

Hell, I even observed many down east, chaw spittin', 'hairy-assed hillbillies' (to use a Jerry Jeff Walker song title reference) when going through Gorham, N.H., and the surrounding backwoods of Maine, this past weekend, and some were even driving beat up old Foresters and the like themselves, (but yes, most were in WAY lifted, bigfoot-tired, coal rollin' Cummins Rams, or Duramaxes/Powerstrokes, etc.). LOL

Last edited: