Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stuck factory oil filter

OP
Alkoran
Thread Starter #21
lol im cheap i just used a very small punch and tapped a hole on the side gently, once the oil drained out of the filter i just used sandpaper on my hand and turned it off. came off much easier.
As you can see in my pictures with the mangled aftermath filter, the amount of torque required to get this first filter to move was far more than what a hand alone could provide, with or without sandpaper or any other tricks.

slopoke

Hell, if space permits and the regular end cap wrench or band wrench doesn't work. I just punch a large screwdriver or small pry bar through the oil filter and twist it loose that way. Little messy but it works.

We had to use the oil filter pliers on the 2016, and it barely came off. It was very crumpled when it finally emerged and took a solid 30 minutes of cussin and discussin. It actually wound up pulling the threaded part out, and we had to put it back in with channel locks. I'm not sure gorilla is an adequate description.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk