Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ed's Revo Turbo Upgrade

slopoke

I just installed my Revo Turbo system. Pretty straight forward as the install goes. Took me two days at a leisurely pace. Like some of the other people mentioned in previous threads, you do have to use a high speed grinder to grind down a threaded boss that is on the cylinder block. The bigger compressor housing rubs against it.

I did use a Turbosmart electronic plumb back diverter valve from Whoosh (Thanks Ron!). It's so quiet! Like most of you probably have noticed that when you lift off of the throttle, you hear a faint whooshing sound. Not so with the Turbosmart unit. It just might be how the Revo system is compared to stock, others with other turbo systems will have to chime in.

Some have said that taking off the heat shield on the turbo is a pain in the ass, but if you remove all four bolts on the turbo heat shield, then when it's loose, remove the forward O2 sensor and the two coolant pipes, it's a whole lot easier to remove.

I'm going to get a dyno run once I get my final map from Adam at Tune Plus. Also, I don't have installation pics, but others have posted pics here and on Facebook. I will post dyno charts once I get my dyno run.

Last edited:

A7xogg

Good stuff, wish there was pics but I agree on the heat shield, it's still a pain just a quicker way to deal with it

OP
slopoke

slopoke

Thread Starter #4
I just received my first tune update and will install it and do the data logging next week. Don't know how many revisions will take place, but will post dyno charts when the tune for 91 octane fuel is completed.

felopr

grind what now? 1st I heard of it? any pics or links of this?

OP
slopoke

slopoke

Thread Starter #6
grind what now? 1st I heard of it? any pics or links of this?
The pics below are from another forum members post regarding the boss on the block that I had to file down. On my installation, I had to grind quite a bit of material to get adequate clearance between the boss and compressor housing. Nothing that a 90 degree pneumatic high speed grinder can't handle.

felopr

The pics below are from another forum members post regarding the boss on the block that I had to file down. On my installation, I had to grind quite a bit of material to get adequate clearance between the boss and compressor housing. Nothing that a 90 degree pneumatic high speed grinder can't handle.

interesting, thanks

OP
slopoke

slopoke

Thread Starter #8
Got a few dyno pulls done today at S&N Motorsport on their Dynojet dyno. I'm happy with the results, especially being it's on 91 octane fuel. Gonna install my ethanol gauge setup today and start E30 tuning. Will post more when Adam at Tune+ gives me the final revised map. Stay tuned!

OP
slopoke

slopoke

Thread Starter #9
One minor hiccup, ordered the wrong size brass fitting. Ordered the correct one, maybe next week I'll finish up the ethanol sensor installation.

OP
slopoke

slopoke

Thread Starter #10
Just finished the Zeitronix ethanol gauge setup in my car and currently have E29 in the tank. Will do some data logging this week and will update this thread when I get my final revision and get the car put on the dyno again.

OP
slopoke

slopoke

Thread Starter #12
Hell yeah, got any datazap logs we can look at to compare 91 to e30
Sorry, just got the car ready for E30 fuel yesterday (8/21/18). Will do data logs in the coming days, with E30 fuel.

Got a few dyno pulls done today at S&N Motorsport on their Dynojet dyno. I'm happy with the results, especially being it's on 91 octane fuel. Gonna install my ethanol gauge setup today and start E30 tuning. Will post more when Adam at Tune+ gives me the final revised map. Stay tuned!

Results look good. I've got about 600 RPM slower spool and about 900 RPM more top end. Looks to be a hoot. What was the preload for the wastegate set to? Some of these smaller turbos like running a hefty preload. Puts a few extra HP in the top end in many cases.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Results look good. I've got about 600 RPM slower spool and about 900 RPM more top end. Looks to be a hoot. What was the preload for the wastegate set to? Some of these smaller turbos like running a hefty preload. Puts a few extra HP in the top end in many cases.
Which turbo are you running? I’m on the fence between this and the Vudu.

Not to threadjack but Mountune's MRX with a stiffer wastegate. Car is pushing ~31 lbs air/minute at redline in 95+F weather. Getting a few dyno pulls tomorrow morning in my ~25.5 psi tune; check the MRX thread. I'll see where peak torque is for spool and what the peak HP is as well.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Not to threadjack but Mountune's MRX with a stiffer wastegate. Car is pushing ~31 lbs air/minute at redline in 95+F weather. Getting a few dyno pulls tomorrow morning in my ~25.5 psi tune; check the MRX thread. I'll see where peak torque is for spool and what the peak HP is as well.
I’ll follow your results in the MRX thread. Now back to Revo..[popcorn]

OP
slopoke

slopoke

Thread Starter #17
I have the S242, which is no longer available. The new Revo turbo should outperform the one I'm running, since it is not a hybrid, but a larger turbo altogether.

OP
slopoke

slopoke

Thread Starter #18
Recently we finished up the E30 tuning. I got the car put on the dyno today. Numbers are in line with others with similar setups, I'm happy with the outcome. I don't know why some of the curves are jagged, but the important curve is somewhat smooth.

I am now going to go 4 port aux fuel. I will post numbers after all of the tuning is done. Stay tuned...(get it).

Could you send me the dynojet run files? The data shown is uncorrected which can really inflate the numbers.

My tune on the Cyborg from Sourskittle shows 32.3 Lbs/hr MAF at 93 ambient. That means my setup makes more power, but it has never been dynoed. I have data logs from the street tuning pulls.