Hello and welcome to our Fiesta ST Forum community! Is this your first visit?
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

1 Likes

Thread: Gas Price $2.56 for E30

New Member 7 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points  
    City
    WICHITA
    State
    KS
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gas Price $2.56 for E30

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Went to fill up the FiST today and decided to do a check on the gas mixture coming out of the pump and this is what I got.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Pleasant Garden
    State
    NC
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Okay someone putting 93 in a car that's will say 10% ethanol 93 and then adds E85 in it to make E30 has a significantly higher octane then E30 93. I believe E85 mixed with 93 to make E30 is like 96.5 octane. Guys out in California that are mixing 91 to make E30 are running close to 95 octane. The reason it's so cheap is there using a low octane gas 86 octane is what I got from playing around on this calculator. So they are adding E85 to 86 octane to make 93 E30.

http://www.georgebelton.com/E85Calculator.php

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

New Member 7 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points  
    City
    WICHITA
    State
    KS
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ford ST View Post
    Okay someone putting 93 in a car that's will say 10% ethanol 93 and then adds E85 in it to make E30 has a significantly higher octane then E30 93. I believe E85 mixed with 93 to make E30 is like 96.5 octane. Guys out in California that are mixing 91 to make E30 are running close to 95 octane. The reason it's so cheap is there using a low octane gas 86 octane is what I got from playing around on this calculator. So they are adding E85 to 86 octane to make 93 E30.

Thanks for the info. Still kind of new to me when it comes to all of the ethanol talk.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Member 423 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Los Angeles
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just ran the numbers and to get 93 octane E30( technically it would be E31) we have tp run around 3.5 gallons of e85 to 9 gallons of of 87 to get 93 octane E30 here.

If its a true E30 mix we would put in just between 3.25 and 3.35 E85 combined with 9..15- 9.25 mix to get a 92 -92.8 octane rating
    Splitting hairs .

Its is an affordable way to go though.
    If we go 91 we are seeing octane ratings roughly in the 94.5-96 range.
    2018 Orange Spice,Smoke Storm Recaro’s,Ebony wheels( for now) Thermal RD Exhaust
    , Cobb AP( tune shortly) more to come...

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Pleasant Garden
    State
    NC
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dpro View Post
    I just ran the numbers and to get 93 octane E30( technically it would be E31) we have tp run around 3.5 gallons of e85 to 9 gallons of of 87 to get 93 octane E30 here.

If its a true E30 mix we would put in just between 3.25 and 3.35 E85 combined with 9..15- 9.25 mix to get a 92 -92.8 octane rating
    Splitting hairs .

Its is an affordable way to go though.
    If we go 91 we are seeing octane ratings roughly in the 94.5-96 range.
    Why would anyone do that? To run E30 you need a E30 tune. E30 tunes are made aggressive for higher octane. Mixing ethanol to get 93 octane makes no sense. If you run E30 without a tune it's going to run lean. If you run E30 that equals 93 with a tune It could wind up not being pretty because that tune was made for higher octane. From what I understand most E30 tunes are made in the idea of 95-plus octane. In a perfect world we would have 96 octane hundred percent gasoline with no ethanol. Can not do that without buying race gas though

Member 423 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Los Angeles
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why would anyone do that? To run E30 you need a E30 tune. E30 tunes are made aggressive for higher octane. Mixing ethanol to get 93 octane makes no sense. If you run E30 without a tune it's going to run lean. If you run E30 that equals 93 with a tune It could wind up not being pretty because that tune was made for higher octane. From what I understand most E30 tunes are made in the idea of 95-plus octane. In a perfect world we would have 96 octane hundred percent gasoline with no ethanol. Can not do that without buying race gas though

Lol first off I would not run it without a E30 tune lol.
    I just ran the numbers for knowledge sake hahahahaha

Second off you and th others were talking about using 87 so I ran the numbers.

Third , (from a devils advocate perspective)we have only 91 here. So it stands to reason anything that gives a higher Octane than that we could stand to benefit

Can we say shoot the messenger?
    2018 Orange Spice,Smoke Storm Recaro’s,Ebony wheels( for now) Thermal RD Exhaust
    , Cobb AP( tune shortly) more to come...

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Pleasant Garden
    State
    NC
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dpro View Post
    Lol first off I would not run it without a E30 tune lol.
    I just ran the numbers for knowledge sake hahahahaha

Second off you and th others were talking about using 87 so I ran the numbers.

Can we say shoot the messenger?
    Yeah we can. I'm 93 octane for life right now.