Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Any significance to the blue stripe on the front strut mount?

green_henry

1000 Post Club
I'm going to be installing new springs and struts this weekend, and I noticed a blue stripe on the upper front strut mount:

Is there any significance to the blue stripe? E.g., are those bolts supposed to be inside? outside? front-side? back-side? completely ignore the stupid stripe? I'm guessing it's the latter but I'd like to know why it's there

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
As far as I know, it is just an inspector's mark.

Dave

I took note of where it was in relation to the positioning on the unibody; when I re-installed I made sure it was in the same spot... Don't know if that was necessary but...

I took note of where it was in relation to the positioning on the unibody; when I re-installed I made sure it was in the same spot... Don't know if that was necessary but...
I followed the same logic. No related squeaks or rattles after reinstall

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I just picked up my car from the dealer.
I asked the head suspension guy and the shop foreman to confirm this.
Yes, they are only inspection marks and you will find marks similar to this on many assemblies on the car.

Dave

OP
G

green_henry

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
I just picked up my car from the dealer.
I asked the head suspension guy and the shop foreman to confirm this.
Yes, they are only inspection marks and you will find marks similar to this on many assemblies on the car.

Dave
Great info. Thanks!