Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

OEM pads and rotors installed

DaveG99

Did my pads and rotors today. Took about 4 hours with one trip to the store and wasn't in a rush. I borrowed the twisting brake piston tool from autozone. It's a $60 deposit but they dont charge you. This tool twists in the rear piston.

I put new slides on the front calipers. And I greased the little slides and the back of the pads.

I had been adding brake fluid to the car and with the new break pads it made the reservoir overflow. Used a plastic spoon to remove some brake fluid from the reservoir.

I even rotated my tires while I had the wheels off. I did one front and one rear at the same time. Had the car up on jack stands. Would be so easy with a lift and power tools.

I'm a little sore and tired but I'm glad my brakes are done and I can finally drive the car again.

This video is very helpful
https://youtu.be/QJ5Q6-Ee0UQ

This was the worst pad by far. Inside driver side front. This is what made the weird noise. As soon as I heard it I parked the car in the garage where it sat for 10 days.

This one wasn't too bad but I changed out everything.

The car stops great and everything seems to be good.

OP
DaveG99

DaveG99

Thread Starter #3
Sore from a brake job? Lol
That's what happens when your 42 and dont do any manual labor. Lol

Tightening the lugs with a ratchet sucks. Need to get me a breaker bar.

This was my first brake job in 10 years. I normally pay someone to do this stuff

OP
DaveG99

DaveG99

Thread Starter #5
brrf206 (front rotors)
brrf207 (rear rotors)
Brf1444 (rear pads)
Brf1494 (front pads kit)

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
I'm glad you got your car back on the road. I bet you were missing it. LOL

also, good call on replacing the front slide pins. Your pads were definitely wearing unevenly.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
Hell yeah brother to doing it yourself!

When I think, occasionally my dad will do his own stuff when I'm busy and he does wake up in pain lol and he is about your age.

Did you use OEM parts?

OP
DaveG99

DaveG99

Thread Starter #8
Hell yeah brother to doing it yourself!

When I think, occasionally my dad will do his own stuff when I'm busy and he does wake up in pain lol and he is about your age.

Did you use OEM parts?
Yeah I used all OEM parts. Still sore today!

Business6

My dealer wants $1k+ to do this, lol. Nice job doing it yourself!

And I don't know how anyone wouldn't be sore after working on their car for four hours. Age and injury don't take a day off, though, and that shit is guaranteed to catch up to you one way or another.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
My dealer wants $1k+ to do this, lol. Nice job doing it yourself!

And I don't know how anyone wouldn't be sore after working on their car for four hours. Age and injury don't take a day off, though, and that shit is guaranteed to catch up to you one way or another.
Brakes are the easiest money a shop makes. If you could do nothing but brake jobs all day long you could make a great living.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
I work in shops guys. There are better tickets then brakes.

But where dealers get you is not using OE parts......you would be surprised smh

If they use dealer parts, they make up on their expensive hourly rate

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I work in shops guys. There are better tickets then brakes.

But where dealers get you is not using OE parts......you would be surprised smh

If they use dealer parts, they make up on their expensive hourly rate
What ticket would that be? I use to work in a shop. Brakes paid better then anything by far time wise. The second best thing was the scam called the 30k service. I hated doing it for a living. Doing unnecessary work just does not feel right.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Brakes are the easiest money a shop makes. If you could do nothing but brake jobs all day long you could make a great living.

I will do mine myself when the time comes.
But I do NOT trust myself to fully flush out, and bleed the brake system and clutch hydraulics, so those will be done by a shop. :(

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
It sometimes takes me a week to 'recover' from some car work.

Especially when there are extreme/very strained arm muscle and hand angle movements which require a lot of torque to get the job done, because I am lying on my back with no lift, working up, with NO ROOM for anything, and searching around blindly for tools on the ground while doing so. [:(]

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
I hated doing it for a living. Doing unnecessary work just does not feel right.

You're telling me. I'm a service writer right now at this shop I cant stand.

Pushing fake services and this and that. Smh. I've done 30 applications today lol. I'm an honest worker

OP
DaveG99

DaveG99

Thread Starter #17
Yesterday I finally didn't feel sore anymore. The car is performing great. Having new brakes is a good feeling. My car used to pull slightly to the side under hard acceleration. Doesnt do it anymore.