Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone have issues with the headlights?

I noticed this issue a little bit ago. I had a burnt out drivers side low beam. I replaced it and it worked for a awhile then went out again. Think it could be a fuse? faulty connection or a relay of some sort? Worth taking to the dealership if I can't pin point whats wrong easily? Thanks guys!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
iIs usually a connector 90% of the time if its not the bulb. Did you use rubber gloves when installing the bulb or some other form of protection to protect the bulb from the skin oil on your hands? [wrenchin]

OP
T
Thread Starter #3
iIs usually a connector 90% of the time if its not the bulb. Did you use rubber gloves when installing the bulb or some other form of protection to protect the bulb from the skin oil on your hands? [wrenchin]
I know I was aware of not doing that but I can't say for certain if I wore gloves or not. Hum could explain by it crapped out super fast haha. With the connector is it worth a warranty visit to the dealership?

slopoke

I know I was aware of not doing that but I can't say for certain if I wore gloves or not. Hum could explain by it crapped out super fast haha. With the connector is it worth a warranty visit to the dealership?

When changing halogen lamps, I have a squirt bottle with rubbing alcohol in it. Just wash down the bulb before you insert it into the housing and pay attention that you don't bump it up against anything while you are installing it. This method has worked for me for the last 40 years of driving.

OP
T
Thread Starter #5
So just a quick update. I changed the bulb out and it worked for all of ten minutes before going out again. Just seems to be the low beam. No other lights on the vehicle are affected. Would a fuse be the issue if it's just one light and it works intermittently or would you think it's a relay or harness issue? Either way it's going to Ford this weekend. Thanks guys!

OP
T
Thread Starter #6
Also I was sure to be extra careful during install. Used gloves and never touched the bulb to any surface.

OP
T
Thread Starter #8
So it turns out the previous owner spliced some wires and messed with the harness on that headlight. I'm surprised it didn't burn out earlier. Ford isn't gonna fix it so I'm buying a new headlight assembly. Super bummer.