Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How much boost are you running?

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thank you for the answer. Does this raise your WG duty cycle at all?
It's a pretty divisive issue. *Personally*, and this is just me, I don't want a sensor being fed false data in order to force extra boost. Granted, the tech has come a long way since wiring in a resistor to get more boost, but I don't trust it. To each their own; it might be fine, but I personally do not trust it.

Basically, if feeds modified maf data, causing your car to make more boost - I'd guess that with our torque-target ecu's on a stock tune it probably fights back and forth. I don't know if having a tune mitigates the torque-target "fight" or not, but I'd think if you already have a Cobb AP you could just get an actual tune done that would accomplish the same. I have to admit I'm morbidly curious about running a tune *and* a maf override. I think that the current turbo transformer only modifies data after like 10-12psi of boost to avoid modifying at part throttle, but any familiarity I had with them is *many* years old.

I know a bunch of owners have them and endorse them, that's cool - I personally mistrust the mechanism by which they work. It's probably safer on modern cars given the presence of a wideband o2 sensor stock and the much faster polling rate than the vehicles on which I experienced a similar product in the past. I would never run something like that on, say, one of my grand nationals - the ecu responses are way too slow to be safe. With the fast polling rate on a newer obd2 car with wideband sensor :shrug: I dunno. Might be way safer.

The best explanation of how the turbo transformer works would come from there website.
It was the first mod I did. I have had it installed since 2015. I estimate it adds around 2 lbs of peak boost.
I currently have 61k miles on the car and over 50k miles with it installed.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
The best explanation of how the turbo transformer works would come from there website.
It was the first mod I did. I have had it installed since 2015. I estimate it adds around 2 lbs of peak boost.
I currently have 61k miles on the car and over 50k miles with it installed.
Why keep it after having a stratified tune? Just wondering

I already had it before the AP and stratified.
Every pound of boost is more HP and Torque.
The stock turbo seems to hold 28 lbs and the motors are strong enough for it.
I am pushing the stock setup as far as it will go.
I'm sure in the future there might be a bigger turbo for me but for now I am very happy with this setup.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I already had it before the AP and stratified.
Every pound of boost is more HP and Torque.
The stock turbo seems to hold 28 lbs and the motors are strong enough for it.
I am pushing the stock setup as far as it will go.
I'm sure in the future there might be a bigger turbo for me but for now I am very happy with this setup.
oh not knocking it - I was just wondering, I thought stratified could just up the boost so you could get 28 without the maf data modification.

Strat 93 tune on 94 e10
K&N air filter
Spiking at 27 psi, seeing 26 consistently. Car feels great for being stock. I want an exhaust next to bring my LEC ;) to life

Erick_V

Tuned by Nolan @ Stratified. Usually peaks at 27-28psi, 93oct. Wondering what the long term affects of this would be. Seems like most people are running at most 25psi... feel bad for this little turbo sometimes lol

Mods:
Cobb Drop In Filter
Catless Stock DP
MBRP CBE
Whoosh FMIC

Edge Autosport Tune on E30 25 psi. We held it back since I'm at 5000'.

X47R
CP-E FMIC
Ultimate Racing 200 cel 3" Cat W/3' Exhaust
Mishimoto charge pipes
Turbosmart EM BOV

Edge Autosport Tune on E30 25 psi. We held it back since I'm at 5000'.

X47R
CP-E FMIC
Ultimate Racing 200 cel 3" Cat W/3' Exhaust
Mishimoto charge pipes
Turbosmart EM BOV
25 PSI at elevation with the X47r is perfect. Alan knows what he’s doing that’s for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk