Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Wrench icon on dash illuminated.....

So today I fire the car up to head to work and this little wrench icon shows up. So my first thought it was a CEL, new version. Tried to scan any codes via a nice obd reader and my HPTuners. Zero, nada..... So took it to oil change place and got a fresh oil change. Tried the ign on for 2 sec and then brake/gas at the same time. Nada...... Throttle body was replaced under recall last August. You think this has anything to do with it? BTW, I tried with stock tune and slightly altered tune with same results.

Do you have an Accessport? If so it's not showing any codes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
F
Thread Starter #3
No, I do not have a AP tuner. I have HP Tuners on my laptop. I only modified a few small things and car has ran great. Even with it lit, still runs fine. Just wanna know why is it there and how to get rid of it

OP
F
Thread Starter #5
As stated prior, I've tried that on both the stock tune and my slightly tweaked version. Nada, zero..... I've held the pedals down for a full solid 3 minutes. Still nada......

OP
F
Thread Starter #7
Sure is pretty stupid of Ford to have 2 different engine malfunction lights, especially when you can't pull the code and see what it is yourself.

me32

1000 Post Club
What year is your car. 14-15 had a software update for oil changes that set off the wrench lights

I can promise that HPTuners can see everything the AP can, if not more.
The AP can only communicate to the PCM module, so if the code thrown is in one of the 6 or 7 other modules won’t be able to read it. I use OBD Fusion app on my iphone and a wifi OBD II dongle and paid the extra $13.99 to unlock to communicate to the rest of the modules (body control module, etc) then can read all the codes and not just the ones in the PCM module and or the standard OBD II codes that are common across all cars

OP
F
Thread Starter #12
Mine is a 2014, I'm assuming since the TB was replaced last year via recall, that they would have flashed the ecu too eh?

OP
F
Thread Starter #16
There's nothing there for oil life monitoring. It's for data logging and tuning the ecu/tcu of the vehicle. Hell, I can't even do a VHR as that service has been discontinued by Ford. I have no way to even check the oil life. Just did a fresh change earlier today too.

There's nothing there for oil life monitoring. It's for data logging and tuning the ecu/tcu of the vehicle. Hell, I can't even do a VHR as that service has been discontinued by Ford. I have no way to even check the oil life. Just did a fresh change earlier today too.
Then it can't see everything the ap can.

OP
F
Thread Starter #18
Well I'm not spending 450 to 500 bucks on a AP when HPTuners will get done what I need to do tuning wise. I guess an appt to the stupid ass dealer is in order. FML.......... Things were so much simpler on my 09 GT and 2010 Camaro SS.........

Well I'm not spending 450 to 500 bucks on a AP when HPTuners will get done what I need to do tuning wise. I guess an appt to the stupid ass dealer is in order. FML.......... Things were so much simpler on my 09 GT and 2010 Camaro SS.........
Of course for about $50 you can buy the OBD Fusion app plus extras for 2014 Fords in the app and the OBD II dongle.