Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Things You didn't like about FiST

OP
TheSixtyFive
Thread Starter #21
Works perfect for me, USB is always starting where I left it. It's on MFT (2014 model), maybe Sync3 is different. And you can shut the interior lights, but only if you have the moonroof because the overhead controller is different and includes the switch for the interior lights.

For me, the shit paint on this car is really bothering me. Pretty much everything is totally fine for me, the car is cheap for a reason and can live with it, but the goddamn paint... The fact that the rear bumper is too tight on the quarter panel, which rubs the paint is also an issue. I'm planning to buy a new one just for the damn paint (also have the actual color I wanted at first) and protecting it properly from day one.

I guess some more gauges like the FoST would have been nice, but I got my AP for that, so meh.

OH NO, I juste remembered something else: shit tire size and wheel bolt pattern. What the fuck were they thinking? There's almost nothing in wheels for the FiST and tires are fairly uncommon. They seems to have learned for tire size with the new model though, wheel is still a problem.
The tire size..yeah..this is another thing I don't like about FiST..I forgot to write it..[wink]
Too small and too narrow for the engine she has.
I've tried to remedy buying 225/35/17 tires, but our legislation forbids every other kind of size which is not written on the circulation card.[}(]

OP
TheSixtyFive
Thread Starter #22
I don't get all of the "squeaks and rattles" complaints, since mine is dead quiet as far as that is concerned (and I run MUCH higher tire pressures than most on the street, even on the factory 40 series 17s) but I only have about 12K miles on mine, and it is on the factory suspension, and not a stiffer aftermarket setup.

Everyone with this problem; was it right from the get go, off the dealer's lot NEW, or did it start @25K miles, or whenever?? [dunno]

(Maybe I got a 'Wednesday build' car? LOL)
[hihi], or there are many "Late Friday build" cars?[:D]

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I don't get all of the "squeaks and rattles" complaints, since mine is dead quiet as far as that is concerned (and I run MUCH higher tire pressures than most on the street, even on the factory 40 series 17s) but I only have about 12K miles on mine, and it is on the factory suspension, and not a stiffer aftermarket setup.

Everyone with this problem; was it right from the get go, off the dealer's lot NEW, or did it start @25K miles, or whenever?? [dunno]

(Maybe I got a 'Wednesday build' car? LOL)
Mine started squeaking and rattling around 2k miles, mostly from dash and squeaking from drivers seat

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
- 1st gear shortness
- lock/unlock button only in center console - anyone in the back can only get out when I say so hahaha
- my right knee rubs up against the plastic part, left of the shifter/AC controls and gets annoying at times
- everytime I turn on the car, it automatically plays AM 600 (I often listen to music via USB thumb drive)
- can't manually control the interior lights, you have to lock the car to get them to shut off once you turn the engine off

fuck it tho I still love driving it... only reason I bought it cuz we all know out interiors are basic af
All of these. Exactly.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Mine squeaks on passenger side front in the winter only, and AC actuator click click click, but I've gotten used to it. Mine has the recaros, and I love them! The fact that some asshat left a good size dent on drivers side rear door while it was parked. PDR will fix eventually. I love the car overall tho.

I'm still bothered by the intermittent clunk-clunk when engaging/disengaging the clutch despite the half-shafts being replaced once already. My coping mechanism has been to crank up the stereo volume. [rockon]

I feel lucky that i've been able to mitigate nearly all paint damage with the clear film on the front-end and the occasional touch-up paint on the doors. The mudflaps nearly eliminated all rock chips on the sides.

V_2

- no way to open the rear hatch if the battery is disconnected.
I lost a set of wing risers from my wrecked car because of this....

I'll also add lack of a factory LSD to my gripes. Hands down the #1 thing I miss about my Nissan.

koozy

3000 Post Club

I'll also add lack of a factory LSD to my gripes. Hands down the #1 thing I miss about my Nissan.
you didn't try using a small 12v battery at the fuse box to pop it open? I recall us discussing ways to pop it open when you were trying to salvage parts from it.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club

Yes this. I would've gladly paid an extra $2k if it meant my car came with a factory LSD. They should have at least made it an option. Heck, a mechanical LSD would probably be cheaper than the torque vectoring bullshit.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

V_2

you didn't try using a small 12v battery at the fuse box to pop it open? I recall us discussing ways to pop it open when you were trying to salvage parts from it.
I did try, but the wiring was so jacked up/burned that I couldn't power the switch. I also considered cutting the hatch trim to see if I could manually release the lock, but I forgot to bring my hole saw set to the salvage yard and decided to just let it go.

koozy

3000 Post Club
yeah, I find it annoying not being able to pop the rear hatch when the battery is disconnected and the lack of an emergency pull latch from inside if one were to drop the rear seat tops it off [rant]

OP
TheSixtyFive
Thread Starter #35
Mine squeaks on passenger side front in the winter only, and AC actuator click click click, but I've gotten used to it. Mine has the recaros, and I love them! The fact that some asshat left a good size dent on drivers side rear door while it was parked. PDR will fix eventually. I love the car overall tho.
That's the same my opinion...I Love this car anyway

OP
TheSixtyFive
Thread Starter #36
yeah, I find it annoying not being able to pop the rear hatch when the battery is disconnected and the lack of an emergency pull latch from inside if one were to drop the rear seat tops it off [rant]
Ford could install a tailgate lock to prevent such a problem, to manually open in emergency case..[:(]

Love the low profile tires but also hate them. Where I live the roads are total crap. I hit at pothole at 500 miles going 35 MPH and bubbled the front driver side tire. Had to replace it. I'm actually thinking about going -1 because I know this is going to happen again

OP
TheSixtyFive
Thread Starter #39
Love the low profile tires but also hate them. Where I live the roads are total crap. I hit at pothole at 500 miles going 35 MPH and bubbled the front driver side tire. Had to replace it. I'm actually thinking about going -1 because I know this is going to happen again
Roads with potholes are daily troubles in my District…...I've holed 3 front tires in one year [cheerleader]….this with stock tires and rims.
I've changed the tires with more protruding Kumho ones. Things going better [thumb]

Paint scratches and chips easily.

Engine sound is weak. Has no snarl to it.

Toys R Us interior, but was expected at this price point.

Suspension ride is brittle.

Otherwise, I love this little car!