Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune Sport Springs - Anyone with any experience with these?

A lot of info on these in numerous posts...do a search. I have been using them for about 2 years, work well for me, no issues. My ST is a daily driver and have no problems with them on public roads and freeways. I also have 17 x 8, 40mm offset wheels with 215/40/17s for your reference. Maybe a little more care going up driveways or over speed bumps but no real inconvenience as a lower car on coilovers may have. Ride is less harsh then the stock springs, also my 215s maybe adding to this.

I have these. Front dropped nicely, rear stayed the same. Ride is harsh. Emailed mountune and never heard back from them. Ordered direct from their website. Came with some light scratches. My cousin went with eibach pro kit on his Camaro SS. Dropped beautifully, came out of the package immaculate, and ride nice. I will prob switch to pro kit when I get a few extra bucks...a lot of people have reviewed the mountunes as being great and that's why I bought them...also for a slightly more aggressive drop over eibach.Except mine didn't drop properly, I don't know why. I would go for eibach and save a few bucks. Supposedly eibach makes the mountune and Cobb springs but theirs are cheaper than both. Also Springs have been on for almost a year so they are nice and settled.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

You should continue to contact Mountune. There is a thread on this forum with a guy that had the same issue. It took a lot of effort, but he got a refund. Same thing rears didn't lower.

I bought the springs on Nov 5 2017 and email them on the 19th. After I gave them a week to settle. Going on a year with still no drop...I doubt if they would do anything by now

Would love to just swap out the rears since the fronts are a pain. The years can be done in 30min unassisted. Are you running these?

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
Been running them for a few years now and I love them. I have posted a number of reviews, both here and on YouTube. Installation is easy, probably some of the easiest springs I have installed. I wouldn't mind if they were stiffer, but they are well matched to the factory dampers. No issues with ground clearance on the street. I use mine year round and don't have issues when the snow is half way up the bumper. This year I have been to two events that required me to drive down a fairly rutted and not flat grass field for parking. Even with a splitter, I never touched bottom. I did see a crossover nail a dip hard enough to destroy the front bumper in the same field. I just watch the approach angles and read the terrain. I have been installing lowering springs on my cars since 1995 and would say the results with the Mountune springs have been the best so far.

Brgt350 I used your install video and watched your review. Also went with the FS Werks exhaust bc of your review. I love the fs Werks exhaust...the surprise pops and the tone. Guess I got a dud set on the springs.

I'm stock. I just remembered a long thread about it. There was something with the springs and the 2017 FiST or something like that. It took them a while to admit anything about it. so you may have emailed before they realized the issue. Couldn't hurt to reach out again.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
Brgt350 I used your install video and watched your review. Also went with the FS Werks exhaust bc of your review. I love the fs Werks exhaust...the surprise pops and the tone. Guess I got a dud set on the springs.

Thanks! I am pretty happy with the FSWerks exhaust too. The fit isn't perfect, but the sound is great. There are days I wish it was louder, but then I go on a longer drive and realize how nice it is not to have my ears ringing. I do think there were either a dud set of springs that were produced or something changed in the rear suspension in later model years. My springs have been great. Only complaint is that they are starting to rust a little and you can see it more with them being yellow instead of black. Factory springs rust about the same, you just don't see them as much.

OP
G
Thread Starter #12
Been running them for a few years now and I love them. I have posted a number of reviews, both here and on YouTube. Installation is easy, probably some of the easiest springs I have installed. I wouldn't mind if they were stiffer, but they are well matched to the factory dampers. No issues with ground clearance on the street. I use mine year round and don't have issues when the snow is half way up the bumper. This year I have been to two events that required me to drive down a fairly rutted and not flat grass field for parking. Even with a splitter, I never touched bottom. I did see a crossover nail a dip hard enough to destroy the front bumper in the same field. I just watch the approach angles and read the terrain. I have been installing lowering springs on my cars since 1995 and would say the results with the Mountune springs have been the best so far.
Can you send the link to the you tube video on these springs... thanks

Mountune springs with 17x7.5 +40 with 215/40R17. Rubs randomly when turning/cornering. Great ride. I think it's the perfect height.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
[video=youtube;0VydyBAOjw8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VydyBAOjw8&t=1s[/video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VydyBAOjw8&t=1s

Here is the install video. I ran the springs with P215/40 17 tires without rubbing and currently using P205/45 17 with some minor trimming on the front bumper cover. No rubbing with those tires either. The rears are close to rubbing the fender liner, but haven't touched yet. Wheels are 17 x 7, but not sure of the offset anymore as the wheels are as old as most ST owners.

Awesome Videos! Mountune actually hit me up and asked me to use my car to get some parts (FMIC, boost hose and IC piping) CARB certified at SEMA. They called yesterday and asked if I had any interest in their lowering springs so they can take photos of some new fifteen52 rims that are coming out next year. In return, I get to keep the parts and springs. Ill be sure to post a review of them on here once I get my car back early next week!

Mountune springs with 17x7.5 +40 with 215/40R17. Rubs randomly when turning/cornering. Great ride. I think it's the perfect height.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Love the look! So is the +40 is the offset? Do you think going to a 17x8 would require more? I ask because I'm kind of in love with some Enkei 17x8 wheels. Also does the rubbing cause you to lose some of your turning radius? Would fender rolling help or do you think it would require more serious body work? Thanks so much!

Last edited:
My set up is 17 x 8, +40mm with 215/40/17s with Mountune springs. This was with stock shocks but I now have B8s. Never had any issues, no fender rolling or any other adjustments. No rubbing even with passengers. Different tire brands have different section widths and tread widths even though the size is 215/40/17. This difference can or may cause rubbing so check these dimensions before choosing a tire, not to mention the type of use you are looking for. I currently run Kumho PS31 on my daily 20170403_103650 (800x389).jpg .

Brianmc27

My set up is 17 x 8, +40mm with 215/40/17s with Mountune springs. This was with stock shocks but I now have B8s. Never had any issues, no fender rolling or any other adjustments. No rubbing even with passengers. Different tire brands have different section widths and tread widths even though the size is 215/40/17. This difference can or may cause rubbing so check these dimensions before choosing a tire, not to mention the type of use you are looking for. I currently run Kumho PS31 on my daily View attachment 25899 .
Looks super rad. Did you notice a difference going from OEM to B8?