Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Interesting - compared loud crackles, no crackles, progressive crackles tune and they all "feel" different

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
The no crackles tune feels faster up top, the loud crackles tune feels much stronger in the midrange, and the progressive one is somewhere in the middle. I've flashed back and forth a few times, I swear they feel noticeably different. Anyone else?

Stratified V4

danbfree

3000 Post Club
The no crackles tune feels faster up top, the loud crackles tune feels much stronger in the midrange, and the progressive one is somewhere in the middle. I've flashed back and forth a few times, I swear they feel noticeably different. Anyone else?

Stratified V4
Super interesting! Added crackles are not my thing, but I don't mind the mild natural ones that are more like burbles I get even with a stock exhaust.... But if you want to try yet another option, Dizzy has sale right now were you get a pump and e30 tune for the price of just the pump tune and crackles is an added option too AND you get to request the RPM threshold for them in your tuning form, all for $95 with a datalog refinement too... I ordered last night when the sale started, got my tune in less than 12 hours and already noticed just one one drive with it into work today how much smoother my 93 Dizzy tune is even over the latest Stratified smoother tune.

Super interesting! Added crackles are not my thing, but I don't mind the mild natural ones that are more like burbles I get even with a stock exhaust.... But if you want to try yet another option, Dizzy has sale right now were you get a pump and e30 tune for the price of just the pump tune and crackles is an added option too AND you get to request the RPM threshold for them in your tuning form, all for $95 with a datalog refinement too... I ordered last night when the sale started, got my tune in less than 12 hours and already noticed just one one drive with it into work today how much smoother my 93 Dizzy tune is even over the latest Stratified smoother tune.
How's the power? Any part throttle surge? Getting my order in tonight with low crackles set to 3500 RPM.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
While I do like a butt dyno if you truely feel that the car performs differently between the crackle options gather up some data logs and plop them on datazap and the vdyno. Lets see if the changes are big enough show up.

On a side note, how do the different options sound comparatively? I am thinking of getting a crackle map just for giggles when autox'ing

danbfree

3000 Post Club
How's the power? Any part throttle surge? Getting my order in tonight with low crackles set to 3500 RPM.
Not to go off topic, but yes, that's what I mean by very smooth, smoother than even stratified latest...but also zero negative ignition corrections and very quickly maxes out OAR, it may be a little conservative, about 1.5 PSI less peak boost over stratified, but still very strong, gonna do a datalog pretty soon and request to go a bit more aggressive.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
I really missed my Abarth for it's insane soundtrack when just commuting around, and I figured hey - 5 bucks for crackles (or 10 bucks for both crackle maps) so I added it for a little personality :D

I'll check out Dizzy - before getting too extreme with any maps for my car I need an intercooler.
In reality I kinda *like* the surge from the stratified, I'll try to explain

I've long felt that my Abarth and my Fiesta ST are *extremely* comparable cars; the Fiesta is the better daily and the Abarth was the better "makes me giggle" car. Since I got rid of the Abarth I've been missing it's sassy "gotta work for it" personality, so I've modded in a direction of adding a bit more character. The fiesta was a well behaved show dog, while the Abarth was a half-feral chihuahua that tries to fight garbage trucks. So far my exhaust/intake/strat tune with its fat lump of "wheeee!" in the midrange is scratching that itch. I've read a few threads about Dizzy and it sounds great, but when everyone mentions "smooth" and "progressive" I think it would be ironing out the "wrinkles" that I like :p

If I buy the Alfa I've been haggling on I might take the FiST in another direciton; but it won't be my first italian car, I know I'll still need a reliable daily :D

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I really missed my Abarth for it's insane soundtrack when just commuting around, and I figured hey - 5 bucks for crackles (or 10 bucks for both crackle maps) so I added it for a little personality :D

I'll check out Dizzy - before getting too extreme with any maps for my car I need an intercooler.
In reality I kinda *like* the surge from the stratified, I'll try to explain

I've long felt that my Abarth and my Fiesta ST are *extremely* comparable cars; the Fiesta is the better daily and the Abarth was the better "makes me giggle" car. Since I got rid of the Abarth I've been missing it's sassy "gotta work for it" personality, so I've modded in a direction of adding a bit more character. The fiesta was a well behaved show dog, while the Abarth was a half-feral chihuahua that tries to fight garbage trucks. So far my exhaust/intake/strat tune with its fat lump of "wheeee!" in the midrange is scratching that itch. I've read a few threads about Dizzy and it sounds great, but when everyone mentions "smooth" and "progressive" I think it would be ironing out the "wrinkles" that I like :p

If I buy the Alfa I've been haggling on I might take the FiST in another direciton; but it won't be my first italian car, I know I'll still need a reliable daily :D
It still pulls just as strong, it just isn't as twitchy in traffic, easier to modulate, etc, I can already tell it also has more consistent factory DV/wastegate noises... I definitely don't miss the twitchiness that to me is hard on the axles and mounts the Stratified has... I can always go back to the Stratified for weekend country road rally driving, etc, but Dizzy is staying as my daily tune with it's consistency and smoothness with just as much pull overall...

Also intercooler is nice for "Stage 2", but some people overestimate how poor the factory one is, most economy turbo cars don't even get a front mount, Stage 2 only adds 8 HP and 8 torque on pump fuel, but certainly more on e30...