Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FiST long term Reliability? How many got 80,000+ miles?

Who here has hit the 80,000 mile mark?? 100,000 miles??

What major maintenance have you done or need to do in the near future?

We all like to drive spiritedly but how hard do you normally drive your car? Were the majority of those "fun" miles or commuting to work miles? in the city or long distance highway/cruise control miles?

Im just curious to see how our ST's hold up over time.

my ST is my daily, I drive about 50 miles a day to/from work. I usually always use cruise control so those miles are easy on the car.... 3 months and I'm already at 7,378 miles with about 700 of those being "fun" miles. to me that means pushing pretty hard but not going 100% all out all the time if that makes sense

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
There is one member on here (antarctica24) who has ~190K miles on his currently.

If I recall correctly, he has not had any major failures, but has probably changed the timing belt at that mileage accumulation. ;)

It is actually a GOOD thing that your car gets driven that many miles a day, since it fully heats up the oil in both directions of your commute, and 'cooks' OUT the moisture and wash down/blow-by fuel which gets into the oil from short tripping (and which then forms harmful acids/corrosive compounds), and never fully hot operation (being in SoCal helps in that respect as well).

Last edited:

me32

1000 Post Club
I had 90k on my 2014 car before i traded it in. Only issue that popped up with the evap line needed to be replaced. Car ran great. Never any issues.

I'm at 85k. I've just had few issues. Ac blend door, already replaced once around 45k.just started to click again. Mine started to run hot, but after the Mishimoto radiator that was forgotten. The controller on the radiator fan burnt out on me. Other that just aftermarket parts and regular maintenance.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

I currently have 158,500 miles on my ST. Other than the regular filter and oil changes, wiper blade replacements, tires, brakes (currently 105,000 miles on the Mountune road replacement pads and Ford rotors) and a new battery, I’ve had to replace only the shifter cable and add to/reposition the foam padding in my driver’s seat cushion.

Last edited:

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
2017 with 63k here

I get a check engine light once a week now or something about evap or sometimes "unable to bleed evap" or something like that. It does the idle surge, and has since it was new

I currently have 158,500 miles on my ST. Other than the regular filter and oil changes, wiper blade replacements, tires, brakes (currently 105,000 miles on the Mountune road replacement pads and Ford rotors) and a new battery, I’ve had to replace only the shifter cable and add to/reposition the foam padding in my driver’s seat cushion.
What
Was your car making a clunking noise while shifting leading to your replacement of the shifter cable?

OP
Joshyfresh6953
Thread Starter #13
Figured since someone brought this thread back to life, I’d give an update…

02/23: My 2018 FiST finally hit 60k. I’ve tracked it 6x here in SoCal with an estimated 10k of those miles, “fun miles”, aside from 6 track days… I’m Still FBO, stock turbo, E30 bu Dizzy. I Always told myself that when I hit 50k, I’d get the Whoosh Hybrid or S280 but Renting your home in CA sucks BIG TIME!
Anyway, My FiST has been a TANK with the only issues being: overheats at track - high temps Spyder-cracked plastic coolant reservoir - 1 battery replacement, a few brake/rotor swaps and tires!!! I love this car, I’ll never sell my fun go kart car haha … I will eventually get a Whoosh Hybrid for easy SMOG pass in CA! ‘till then, the FiST has been basically maintenance free!

the duke

It's been well established these cars are bulletproof and are/will go down as one of the greatest hot-hatches of all time. Just watch the heat, brakes, and perform usual maintenance. And the damn blend door 1675615894338.png

Despite being a Ford

(BUT IT"S A EUROPEAN FORD!)

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
103,000 on my '14. Would be much higher but I haven't played golf in nearly 3yrs. I was doing 300 miles a week. No major issues and just had the blend door replaced for the 2nd time. Took a mechanic, not the dealer to change it in less that 15mins!

haste

1000 Post Club
102,000 on mine. x37 put on at 33k miles and just put a s280 on it at 100k miles.
swapped for a different tranny(final drive conversion and LSD at 85k miles), nothing wrong with original tranny, sitting in my building as a spare right now.
tracked it twice at VIR for two full weekends with stock turbo and a handful of autocrosses. bulletproof engine/tranny so far.
ive changed both blend door actuators once.

Magnetic

@98,000 miles now.

45K - blend door actuator started clicking
50K - had some smoke coming out of the exhaust that disappeared on it's own
80K - car was overheating so upgraded to mishimoto radiator and replaced bad expansion tank that was causing the overheating
82K - 2nd blend door actuator clicking
95K - smoke came back and last for a few minutes until car is warmed up
97K - clutch was stuck to the floor but was popping out manually.
98K - car is having trouble getting out of gear and in gear and will need clutch, slave and LSD. Currently parked in my garage until I have the capital to repair. Lasted about 3 months after having the 1st clutch pedal to the floor issue. Seems common from what I've heard.

Aside from that it's been an awesome car. I drive it hard all the time. Like ALL THE TIME. I figure the smoke from the engine is related to the open deck. Will probably do a youtube video on it once I find out what it is from my mechanic. So might be needing a new engine but not 100% sure yet. I'll replace and not sell the car. I'm keeping it until a life circumstance causes me to sell it. Currently wanting to buy an RS3 or Evora with a manual.