Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New-ish Owner in Dunwoody, GA

[Previously posted on reddit, but there seems to be more traffic here.]

I bought a new black 2018 Fiesta ST in early May with Recaros and sunroof. I added ST mats and an ST trunk liner and installed a No Pistons dead pedal. I might put in a pedal lift and that will be it for modifications until I am out of warranty. I love it so far, but I have a few questions about other owners' experiences with some small quirks I'm experiencing:

• My headliner makes popping noises that sound like large raindrops hitting the roof at a slow pace (and it's not raining). It's not terrible and I am getting used to it, but I'd love to get it fixed, since the car is new. Applying even the slightest upward pressure with my hand stops the noise, so I assume it's not attached well. Anyone else experience this? Is this something that a dealership can fix (under warranty) without tearing the car apart?

• Downshifting into first gear (while stopped), no matter how hard I press the clutch to the floor, can be beyond notchy. It almost has to be forced at times, even when engaging 2nd before first. Sometimes it engages smoothly, however. It's an inconsistent annoyance. Should I be concerned? I found some posts about this and it seems to be a relatively common observation.

• I sometimes hear a "clacking" noise from what I think is one of the drive shafts when releasing the clutch. Is this normal driveshaft noise as things engage in the driveline? (Since I originally posted this on reddit, I've read about a service bulletin that sounds a lot like what I'm hearing.)

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Overall, this car is an absolute blast to drive. I had a 2012 GTI and this thing kills it. The handling is so much more balanced. The noise, razor sharp steering, and torque make me feel like I'm flying all the time.

Welcome!!! [emoji322][emoji322][emoji322]

I got a new 17 back in February. I have not experienced any issues with the headliner at all, and I would imagine that it would be covered under warranty, but not sure how much they would have to take apart or how long they would have your car.

I had the CV axels done within the past month, pretty painless, they had my car for 3 days or so and have me a loaner. I would say that the intensity of the noise is gone, but it still happens occasionally.

Overall, I love the Fiesta, but at the end of the day it is just a fiesta and there are definitely noises that come thru that you wouldn't get in the GTI due to overall quality differences.

Enjoy [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Congrats and welcome aboard.

Since it’s sill under warranty any dealer can fix those issues.

jeff

2000 Post Club
Hey and welcome.

Not sure about your issues but I'm just a short way east of you, if you're ever this way holler, I'd love to see your car and get some coffee my treat!

OP
K
Thread Starter #6
Hey and welcome.

Not sure about your issues but I'm just a short way east of you, if you're ever this way holler, I'd love to see your car and get some coffee my treat!
That would be awesome! Your YouTube videos are an inspiration! I am originally from Wilmington, NC, so I make the hike down 20 to visit my folks every couple of months or so.