Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Neogen VS. Comp-2 A/S

This topic is a bit convoluted, bear with me. I'm trying to find a direct comparison between these two for COLD, dry and wet performance NOT snow. I know the Comp-2 is very good all around including snow, Neo not so much as its geared more for temp. than snow. Without a direct comparison its a crap shoot. I scoured the net including tire rack, Car and Driver and minimumtread.com. One or the other but not both. I'd like a noticeble edge of one over the other under these conditions if they exist. The Neo has more size options (205 and 215/40/17's) as well and I do have extreme winter contacts for real snow. I don't want to go 45 series defeats the purpose of getting the car and changes the gearing too much. You will notice the change even going to the 215's. Yes I'm cutting hairs, but thats me. Any input appreciated. Thanks, Stan [bash]

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
215/40/17 yield a fatter footprint and a slightly better ride due to the taller sidewall height.

I went with Federal SS595s in 215/40/17. Theyre sticky enough, but lost that super sharp turn in the OE Bridgestones had, but I have better grip due to the wider contact patch.

Splitting hairs is only gonna cost you $$$ unless you seriously push the car to the edge frequently enough that the differences are noticeable.

That said, I'm gonna try some slightly more serious rubber next time around. I don't track the car, but I do it get the tires howling almost daily on offramps/ twisty road sections etc.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

dmb

wider tires can cause a loss of grip on our lighter cars, problem is tire spin unless you have sticky tires. I have pilot sport a/s3's and all they do is spin under boost and they are almost bald so to the rear they went 5,000 mi almost done. I got some 215 40 17's waiting, tw200 they should stick better and maybe last longer than spinning all the time. I got that size because they were $40 each. tire spin is fun but all the time kinda sucks. but a hard tire with less P.S.I. on the patch= tire spin.

OP
Guzzi1200SE
Thread Starter #5
wider tires can cause a loss of grip on our lighter cars, problem is tire spin unless you have sticky tires. I have pilot sport a/s3's and all they do is spin under boost and they are almost bald so to the rear they went 5,000 mi almost done. I got some 215 40 17's waiting, tw200 they should stick better and maybe last longer than spinning all the time. I got that size because they were $40 each. tire spin is fun but all the time kinda sucks. but a hard tire with less P.S.I. on the patch= tire spin.
Thanks, going one size wider may do that if going striaght but loading it up in tight turns should have better grip. Anyway probably will go neos in 215 size. They qualify as sticky.

dmb

Thanks Guzzi, your right. I'm looking forward to running these on the mountain and canyon road's around here. oh and years ago built a few Moto Guzzi's back in the 80's thats why I like turns.

OP
Guzzi1200SE
Thread Starter #7
Thanks Guzzi, your right. I'm looking forward to running these on the mountain and canyon road's around here. oh and years ago built a few Moto Guzzi's back in the 80's thats why I like turns.
Cool, friend just sold his 84 Lemans, worked up pretty good by motor GURU Udo Geitle. Road it and was impressed, so got myself an 012 Griso 1200 8V SE. WOW ! One of 7 bikes in my stable. Thats why I like small cars especially the FIST.

dmb

grew up working on bikes and cars. at one time every garage in so cal had a desert or MX bike, opened up a shop but too much partying to raise a family had a LOT of fun.

A7xogg

I never liked neogens, people like them but for me comparing them to (bfg sp2, Conti extrene contact dw and sport, Yokohama avid s34, sumitomo htr as po2, and general snow tires) the neogens were out right dangerous in the rain. I hydroplaned wayy too many times for me to even use them if I was offered a free set. And then there not as quiet, comfortable, grip straight line and turning isn't as good as other tires in the category. For an all season bfg a/s, Conti extrene contact dws, or Yokohama avid s34 is what I recommend

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Really wanted to get those too. Unfortunately they were out of stock with a waiting list and wound up getting the Firestone Firehawk AS. Not bad tires either but will try the FD2s again when these are ready for replacement.
I’ve been 2k on Federal a Formoza FD2’s in 215/40-17. No regrets. Good riding tires!
Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Jerickson88

Really wanted to get those too. Unfortunately they were out of stock with a waiting list and wound up getting the Firestone Firehawk AS. Not bad tires either but will try the FD2s again when these are ready for replacement.

I got these from easy-tires.com (I think that’s the name)

neeqness

1000 Post Club
I got these from easy-tires.com (I think that’s the name)
Maybe you mean www.tires-easy.com. i saw them on there. Thanks. I'll try them if my go-to spot is still out of these when the time comes again.

How do you like the grip on them so far? Are they pretty quiet?

Jerickson88

Maybe you mean www.tires-easy.com. i saw them on there. Thanks. I'll try them if my go-to spot is still out of these when the time comes again.

How do you like the grip on them so far? Are they pretty quiet?

Yeah they are pretty quiet. Yep that’s the site! They are a very average tire. The ride and sound quality make up for the fact that they don’t handle like the stock Bridgestone; but at the same time, you can buy a full set of these for the price of a pair of Bridgestones, so I’m not complaining. I’m very happy.

I think the 215/40-17 is an ideal size on our stock wheels as well. No rubbing. I don’t cringe when I see small bumps now.

dmb

their sitting in the garage, I'm gonna use up the ps-3's so i put the rears on the front, they just spin so maybe 60 days. they would be nice on a prius I would think.

their sitting in the garage, I'm gonna use up the ps-3's so i put the rears on the front, they just spin so maybe 60 days. they would be nice on a prius I would think.
The Pilot Sport 3 spins a lot, or the SX2?

dmb

PS-3's, I really think they are made for a prius, nice looking but way too much money for what you get, Michelin should be ashamed to put sport on that tire.