Hello and welcome to our Fiesta ST Forum community! Is this your first visit?
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member 20 Rep Points
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points  
    City
    So Cal
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by XR650R View Post
    Plus, it means more spare body parts that will fit a FiST in the future.
    This! Same thing that happened with the B13 Sentra SE vs SE-R, more parts will be available for us because of it.

Senior Member 658 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Grand Haven
    State
    MI
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 Likes

I don't really see the big deal. Ford always had something like the ST-line in Europe, either it was the Zetec-S or ST-Line. In the US, there were a few different appearance packages for the regular Fiesta. They had ST skirts, ST spoiler, chin spoiler, and a different rear diffuser. I have never seen one on the streets, but they were on display at auto shows. Ford also did the same thing with the Focus Mk1's. There was the SAP, Street Appearance Package, that had a spoiler, skirts, different bumpers, and different wheels. Very few of these cars had any performance upgrades.

For the most part, people would rather have the looks rather than the performance. So many complaints about harsh ride, poor MPG, need for premium fuel, uncomfortable seats, lack of an automatic, and torque steer. These people should never even consider a ST, but they do and they complain. Ford just responds to the market by giving people the look of performance without having to give any performance. It is no different than any SUV. People want the look that they could go off-road without actually going off-road or dealing with the compromises that come from driving an off-road vehicle on the road. People just want the image.
    2015 Performance Blue Fiesta ST
    1984 Performance White Mustang

@BRGT350 Instagram, Twitter, YouTube

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Davenport
    State
    FL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And then this blasphemy.

Jalopnik: Ford Is Blowing It.
    https://jalopnik.com/ford-is-blowing-it-1828861110

Member 45 Rep Points

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    City
    Gatineau
    Country
    Canada
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

At first I was like "Ok, why not, it can be good looking, and the base model has a good platform to be "sporty", throw the 1.0EB and why not"

And then I was like:
    "No 1.0EB? yeah fuck that shit"

Then I remembered that they basically killed the 1.0EB in north America for the Fiesta, because fuck us every single way.

Gotta say though that this green with the black roof and the black wheels is mean looking.

I hope they could do something special for the 2019 FiST and not just ST200 special, but something even better. Maybe 2018 RS special (without the crazy price tag), like... a factory LSD? I believe the new FiST in Europe is same transmission... so it could be plug and play, no?

One can hope.
    2014 Tuxedo Black
    Power
    Cobb Stage 2 | ST200 airbox | Ramair filter | Mishimoto J-line intercooler | Velossa Big Mouth | Boomba BOV adapter
    Handling
    AWR 88a RMM | AET VUDU short shift | TBPerformance stage 3
    Style
    LED fog lights | LED inside lights | Shorty antenna | Muteki SR48 black | Red plastidip: Cup spoiler Bottom rear diffuser Mirror caps | Black plastidip : Stock wheels

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Charlotte
    State
    Non-US
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Quisp View Post
    And then this blasphemy.

Jalopnik: Ford Is Blowing It.
    https://jalopnik.com/ford-is-blowing-it-1828861110
    I just read that and I gotta say I agree. Ford just seems to be floundering with no real goal or trajectory. They need to get it together and quick, cause the times, they a changing.

New Member 24 Rep Points Stupidbutt's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points  
    City
    Arlington
    State
    TX
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess they had some leftover parts to get rid of.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/fo...9-discontinued
    It is Orange Spice!! The other spice girl.
    2017 Fiesta ST
    1961 Chevy K20

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Davenport
    State
    FL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

All auto makers since the 80's use just in time parts systems. They don't stock pile things . Inventory is taxed .

Medals
    City
    Eerie
    State
    IN
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Kalter View Post
    At first I was like "Ok, why not, it can be good looking, and the base model has a good platform to be "sporty", throw the 1.0EB and why not"

And then I was like:
    "No 1.0EB? yeah fuck that shit"

Then I remembered that they basically killed the 1.0EB in north America for the Fiesta, because fuck us every single way.

Gotta say though that this green with the black roof and the black wheels is mean looking.

I hope they could do something special for the 2019 FiST and not just ST200 special, but something even better. Maybe 2018 RS special (without the crazy price tag), like... a factory LSD? I believe the new FiST in Europe is same transmission... so it could be plug and play, no?

One can hope.
    The weird thing is they still offer the 1.0 in the Focus. How hard would it be to have it in the Fiesta, since they've already done it for the Americas? That would be preferable to the base motor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH9mhJ-m9D0 Go to 13:15 for the reasons why it's the better motor.

I doubt they'll do anything special for the FiST. They're just winding it down, and gearing up for something else. The fine folks in Cuautitlán need to do something in that big factory, or they'll end up looking like Flint.
    2017 Magnetic, everything but the Recaros. MP 215, mountune shift kit and shift knob, Husky floor liners. That's all I'm doing, I swear!.. OK, I lied. Also added an intake hose and symposer delete. But that really is all, I swear this time! Okay. just one other thing: A mountune RMM. Now I really am done, I promise!

Senior Member 313 Rep Points

Medals
    City
    South West Ohio
    State
    OH
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TyphoonFiST View Post
    Well we knew it was coming...an ST wanna be...thanks for kicking the stateside Hothatch crew in the nuts! Mediocre ford....I'm not even gonna capitalize the f in ford anymore. God you people are complete cockwombles!

https://www.carscoops.com/2018/09/fo...north-america/

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Curious.

The one poster who was regular for a time, and would be happy with this news, has had all of his threads (and posts?) deleted.
    He had threads such as:
    "Who would want to see a Fiesta Sedan ST?"
    "2nd gear departing from a stop?"
    "Increase spring travel?"

Don't recall the name of the poster, but he had post after post, wanting less power, soft ride, better fuel economy, taller gearing, etc. He liked the styling of the ST, but that was all. So this is right up his alley... a 1.0L Fiesta {poser} ST.
    2016 Ford Fiesta ST Kona Blue ; Engine, Suspension will remain untouched ; Southwest Ohio ; Winter: 215/45R17 Continental ; Seasonal: 205/40R17 Bridgestone

Senior Member 780 Rep Points TyphoonFiST's Avatar

Medals
    City
    Blaine
    State
    MN
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Intuit View Post
    Curious.

The one poster who was regular for a time, and would be happy with this news, has had all of his threads (and posts?) deleted.
    He had threads such as:
    "Who would want to see a Fiesta Sedan ST?"
    "2nd gear departing from a stop?"
    "Increase spring travel?"

Don't recall the name of the poster, but he had post after post, wanting less power, soft ride, better fuel economy, taller gearing, etc. He liked the styling of the ST, but that was all. So this is right up his alley... a 1.0L Fiesta {poser} ST.
    Thought it was melee....but don't quote me there.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    Is this your bush? Are you king of the forest?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast