Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stock turbo boost pressure vs Stage 1

Hi everyone!
Where I can get the information about stock and peak pressure in turbocharger with Revo Stage 1? 2016 year car.
Thanks

SST

i think stock is around 20psi (~1.37 bar), i want to know how much boost stage 1,2, and 3 is running as well

OP
M
Thread Starter #3
I have REVO Stage 1 now and it's 1,54 bar (~22.33 psi)

Stock maximum allowed Throttle Inlet Pressure (boost) is 22.10 psi. The maximum allowed manifold absolute pressure (MAP) before throttle closure is 36.84 psi. 36.84 minus standard day baro of 14.7psi = 22.14psi. When in overboost, the ECU adds 0.98psi to the current baro which increases the allowed boost to ~23.2 psi on a standard day. What this says is that your "observed" boost pressure is limited/controlled by the current barometric pressure the ECU is measuring. The Revo folks keep all their tune info a secret so you don't know WTF they're doing. However, it is quite simple to figure it out with a decent data logger.

OP
M
Thread Starter #5
I want to share my Dyno results but forgot how to insert images) help please

SST

thanks for the detail Forzda 2, how about those stage 1,2, and 3? how much more boost are they running? can't seem to find those numbers from Cobb

SST

thanks, and wow, each stage only increase by 0.5psi / 1 psi, thought it would be more to get that much torque gain

Jerickson88

The torque increase isn't based on the maximum boost. It is based on where in the rpm/throttle position the boost is applied, the Actual Load allowed, and the Requested Torque adjustments. The biggest gains are not at the peak, but "under the curve".
You are much nicer than I am. I’ve seen threads about this recently and I want to scream that the pressure is not relevant like old school turbo cars from the 90’s or anything that’s using a manual boost controller.

Simply put our cars request torque, and the boost pressure change is the side effect based on air density and temperature to hit said target.