Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

For those who got the recall done for the coolent temp sensor

ROCKYFiestta

hey everybody this is for the heads who got their recall done at the dealership. i am referring to the coolant temp sensor and new reservoir that was changed out i will provide a pic later. I wanted to ask how they did your recall if you can please look at the new metal tube that comes out of your coolant bottle and runs along the front of the car next to the ac line. my question is do you have a bracket holding up the line or is it secured in any form or fashion. just very curious to see how other dealers did the recall as i have had issues with the dealer i went to .

basically how they did mine is they did not put any brackets or supports so the coolant line rests on top of the ac line bracket and at another bracket down the line. basically i have 0 support to hold up the new coolant line and it is rubbing against the ac line. It will eventually rub a hole through as you can already see that the 2 metal lines are rubbing against each other and you can see the wear it is causing on both lines. so i am trying to see if they did your cars differently or is this the norm?

i personally think 2 metal tubes of opposite temps touching and rubbing is not a very professional way of fixing somebody's car.[bash]

Attachments

Last edited:

Business6

I'll take a look in the morning. That's very disconcerting if there's no support because, obviously, that's going to rub through eventually.

OP
ROCKYFiestta

ROCKYFiestta

Thread Starter #4
i used zip ties on the foam covered parts to give it a little bit of lift so it wont touch the ac line. you can definitely see they are rubbing.

just curious to see if anybody else's car was left the same way or if it was just that one shitty dealer.

Going to find out what they did next week when I (hopefully!) pick up the car.

Out of curiosity, how quickly did everyone get their car back? My shop originally quoted "overnight" but now has now kept the car for 2 days longer than expected and they're saying "they're testing the coolant system to ensure everything is fine". Does that make any sense? What is it that they're testing for so long?

me32

1000 Post Club
Going to find out what they did next week when I (hopefully!) pick up the car.

Out of curiosity, how quickly did everyone get their car back? My shop originally quoted "overnight" but now has now kept the car for 2 days longer than expected and they're saying "they're testing the coolant system to ensure everything is fine". Does that make any sense? What is it that they're testing for so long?
Did they give you a rental? Sometimes it takes longer to make sure the air is out of the system. Better it take more time than rush the job and miss something

Did they give you a rental? Sometimes it takes longer to make sure the air is out of the system. Better it take more time than rush the job and miss something
Yeah, they did, and that's pretty much what the service advisor said to me as well (minus the air detail). Let's see what Monday brings.

Alright, got the car back! This is what my engine bay looks like now. Thankfully, it appears they did their best to separate the pipes in question as much as possible.

Last edited:
OP
ROCKYFiestta

ROCKYFiestta

Thread Starter #10
looks like they used longer hoses , i just zip tied mine around the foam parts and so far it has kept it floating , as long as it doesn't rub against the other bar like they did with mine

the duke

Bumping. Just got this performed. What’s the procedure to reload the Mountune mp215 map. Just update Cobb firmware and reload?