Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

stuck symposer any ideas?

ROCKYFiestta

hey was trying to do the symposer delete and drop in the boomba but unlike the video it appears mine will not come out it is very stuck to the bottom hose i pretty much dont need the clamp on it that is how stuck it is. any ides on how to get the sucker off. my room to get in there is reduced thanks to the extra coolant tube running right over it (thx recall). so now it is very hard to even get in there with meatpaws sized like mine(i can grip a basketball one handed - for reference). ( i cursed every babyhanded engineer during the process) [mad][facepalm]

OP
ROCKYFiestta

ROCKYFiestta

Thread Starter #2
i wish i had a heat gun but don't . this cheap "upgrade is getting more and more expensive lol" had to fork out 20 bucks for the long bent nose needle nose pliers 50 bucks for the kit now i need a 50$ heat gun if lucky lol.

i might wait until i do my foglights this weekend and cut the hose 1 inch below. from what i hear it is not a very useful hose anyways.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
You need to twist it loose. If you already tried that, go for a drive and get that hose hot. The symposer won't leak any boost.

Twist it until it breaks loose, then pull it out. It takes some force. You won't hurt the hose.

OP
ROCKYFiestta

ROCKYFiestta

Thread Starter #5
thanks for the ideas i did the screwdriver bit all around and nothing but i was weary of using lubricant since i never had a car with a symposer and i didn't know if lube going down the tube would be bad or not. i will drive it in the morning and give it a go when i park here home.

i would love to have more tools but not having a garage is what prevents me from having alot of tools around. i left my 10k worth of tools at my pops house in illinois [sadpanda]

OP
ROCKYFiestta

ROCKYFiestta

Thread Starter #6
also doing automotive work on dirt really sucks and is scary especially when you see the jack sinking into the dirt. the drawbacks of the country i suppose. ill be doing a concrete pad next year so i can do oil changes and stuff.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
You need a sharp pick tool. I have a set of Craftsman that came in different configurations, ie. straight, 90 degree, curved and a twist one. They basically look like a large pin about 4" long but thicker around for just such a job like this. And they were inexpensive.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
You need a sharp pick tool. I have a set of Craftsman that came in different configurations, ie. straight, 90 degree, curved and a twist one. They basically look like a large pin about 4" long but thicker around for just such a job like this. And they were inexpensive.

https://m.sears.com/craftsman-4-pc-...gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CIXpran2tt0CFUuhewodAK0P2w

OP
ROCKYFiestta

ROCKYFiestta

Thread Starter #11
i actually have a set of picks lol now i have to dig them out but i know i got a pack for sure. i guess ill go around the inside edge but worse case im cutting the top inch off .

Mine was a real pain. You may try the bottom clamp instead. If you’re doing an oil and filter change you may try some angles from underside with the filter off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
ROCKYFiestta

ROCKYFiestta

Thread Starter #13
thanks guys for the advice i used several of your tricks i started by running the picks along the inside edge to break the seal and afterwards i twisted the sucker and it finally came out. [rockon]