Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How do i know the tune is stock?? Bought Used.

I just recently purchased a 2016 for fiesta with 16,600 miles from a used car dealer...
Car looked stock from the engine.. just noticed that the stock exhuast was rewelded in 3 differnt spots (must have had aftermarket exhuast. So dont know the history.

Car runs and pulls great better then a 2017 with 11k miles i test drove. With the (sound symposer removed)

I can hear the turbo boost very clearly and has a turbo deceleration flutter... is this normal??
Im asking because only other car i testdrove had the symposer removed so i dont know whats normal.

Should i worry that it may have a agressive tune? Car drives well

Was planning on doing a cobb stage 1 down the road might do it sooner just to make sure im on the right tune.

Jerickson88

I just recently purchased a 2016 for fiesta with 16,600 miles from a used car dealer...
Car looked stock from the engine.. just noticed that the stock exhuast was rewelded in 3 differnt spots (must have had aftermarket exhuast. So dont know the history.

Car runs and pulls great better then a 2017 with 11k miles i test drove. With the (sound symposer removed)

I can hear the turbo boost very clearly and has a turbo deceleration flutter... is this normal??
Im asking because only other car i testdrove had the symposer removed so i dont know whats normal.

Should i worry that it may have a agressive tune? Car drives well

Was planning on doing a cobb stage 1 down the road might do it sooner just to make sure im on the right tune.
You may have a Turbosmart bypass/diverter valve on it. I know for fact my stock car was a better performing car when I ditched my stock valve in favor of a vacuum actuated valve. Hell if it doesn’t sell in the next week I may just put it back on the car

Also if the Symposer is intact you’ll hear an aggressive tone. Check your air filter too. It may be a a drop in K&n style or have no filter in it

OP
B
Thread Starter #3
Will check the filter and blowoff valve!! It may just be the symposer throwing me off only test drove one other car and had the symposer removed so sounded pretty quiete

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yeah, it was messed with. A panel filter means you probably have a stage 1 tune. I found the symposer annoying, and enjoy better bass notes with it gone. The stock sound system is nothing to write home about.

Just a panel filter will give you more whoosh/psshh, with or without the symposer. Enjoy your free symposer delete.

Unless you're getting poor mileage, it's probably fine.

There are plenty of FiST fans near you who could plug in their AP and check for codes, or maybe even help identify your tune.

OP
B
Thread Starter #5
Yeah runs fine and i hit 30 mpg in LA fwy with some traffic.. just checked looks like it has a cobb drop in filter.... so may be a stage 1 or just a filter eaither way im safe..
Thanks!

Jerickson88

Yeah runs fine and i hit 30 mpg in LA fwy with some traffic.. just checked looks like it has a cobb drop in filter.... so may be a stage 1 or just a filter eaither way im safe..
Thanks!
Check motor mount as well. It could have been lightly modded and they took off the money parts. Likely unmarried and sold the Accessport as well.

Some like the Symposer, some don’t. I like it if my car is a stock daily, but every time I’ve modded I delete it. I’ve gone back stock a few times. I think I’ll stay this time

OP
B
Thread Starter #7
Check motor mount as well. It could have been lightly modded and they took off the money parts. Likely unmarried and sold the Accessport as well.

Some like the Symposer, some don’t. I like it if my car is a stock daily, but every time I’ve modded I delete it. I’ve gone back stock a few times. I think I’ll stay this time
Yea motor mount looks stock... can you sell an accesport whie leaving a tune on a car? I know some programmers will need to return the car to stock before it can be used for another vehicle or purchace another tune for the programer?

Jerickson88

Yea motor mount looks stock... can you sell an accesport whie leaving a tune on a car? I know some programmers will need to return the car to stock before it can be used for another vehicle or purchace another tune for the programer?
Yes you can, and unfortunately it locks them up and the good news is you can get them unlocked by Cobb for $250 I think, but the used value of a married access port is 200-250, so by the time you do that and unlock it you could have bought a brand new one or a used ap3.

I’m curious to know if maybe the car came in with an ap3 and the dealer simply unplugged it, and discarded it. Maybe you can make a call into Cobb and ask if you buy an ap3 and the car has already been reflagged but you don’t have the access port, will it work ok?

Curious as well, do you think that the Symposer is psyching you out into thinking it’s pulling harder? That’s an experienced based part. It’s to give the driver an enhanced experience by making you think it’s doing more business than it really is. Again, thu are really neat if you daily the car and are leaving it 90% stock in my opinion. Once you dig into mods, most let it go.

OP
B
Thread Starter #9
Yes you can, and unfortunately it locks them up and the good news is you can get them unlocked by Cobb for $250 I think, but the used value of a married access port is 200-250, so by the time you do that and unlock it you could have bought a brand new one or a used ap3.

I’m curious to know if maybe the car came in with an ap3 and the dealer simply unplugged it, and discarded it. Maybe you can make a call into Cobb and ask if you buy an ap3 and the car has already been reflagged but you don’t have the access port, will it work ok?

Curious as well, do you think that the Symposer is psyching you out into thinking it’s pulling harder? That’s an experienced based part. It’s to give the driver an enhanced experience by making you think it’s doing more business than it really is. Again, thu are really neat if you daily the car and are leaving it 90% stock in my opinion. Once you dig into mods, most let it go.
Yeah i think i just believe it pulls harder because if the noise it also has a drop in cobb filter... just took it out on a long LA to san diego trip about 220 miles car got 34.8 mpg .good amout of hills and elevation chages all the way no traffic going.. back with traffic fell to 32mpg im happy.

Car came with no floor mats, no trunk lid and just one key,( easy cash if your trading in the car to sell it aside??? And you an asshole?) Or dealer sold aside?

So pretty sure the owner put the car to stock tune so he can sell the programer.

Down the road once i get used to the car i will put a stage 2 kit.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Get the Husky floor liners. They are the best, and they stay put. You won't need a dead pedal. Better than Weathertech, and usually cheaper.

No, I wasn't paid to say that.

Last edited:
OP
B
Thread Starter #11
Get the Husky floor liners. They are the best, and they stay put. You won't need a dead pedal. Better than Weathertech, and usually cheaper.

No, I wasn't paid to say that.
Yes ordered them for 140ish off amzn arrives monday. Weathertech was my first choice but the actually ask you auto or manual.. and they dont have them for manual. Saw husky being mentioned on the forums a few times.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
If this was a "certified" pre-owned vehicle, you may be able to get them to put the drive train back to stock?

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
+1 for it probably was tuned and probably was returned back to stock tune so the previous owner could sell the Accessport. But if the car noticeably pulls harder than others you test drove, it may still be tuned. It's sorta risky depending on the tune, to keep driving it hard until you know for sure. At a minimum, I would only run premium.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk