Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Budget intercooler install

Decided to try out a budget intercooler option for the fiesta st. Found this intercooler on sale for $100 and it appears to be a Godspeed Type C intercooler.

Here are the specs:

core length 24"
core height 7.5"
core thickness 3"
inlet / outlet size 2.75"
end to end length 30"
compress air flow rat 700cubic feet/min,400hp max
working pressure 35-40 psi
pressure drop 0.2-0.5@15psi,2-5psi@35psi
design bar and plate

Needed to buy some 90 degree elbow couplers 2.75 to 2.5 and some aluminum joiners. Total came out to be like $140. The intercooler itself is very nice quality with good welds and kind of suprised me. It's pretty rare to find a 3" thick intercooler thats universal and not too large, and this one turned out to be just the right size. I did have to do some trimming here and there, and also make some tabs that mount to the crash bar with extra scrap metal I had around. In my opinion this was a better option than the mishimoto j line intercooler at twice the cost, which requires a little more trimming. Only drove for a couple of minutes on the new stage 2 93 flash from cobb and it feels much stronger. Charge temps seem to be around ambient when driving normally and increase like 13 during a hard pull, but goes back down really quickly (80F weather).
I was happy with the overall finish and definitly saved some money!

Datalog: https://datazap.me/u/normdriver/new-intercooler-pull?log=0&data=5-11&hg=2-3-5-7-11-12-14-15-16

Here are some pics :)

IMG_3699.JPG IMG_3705.JPG IMG_3701.JPG IMG_3709.JPG

Last edited:

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
If you're willing to do some modification and trim work I don't see anything wrong with this at all. Personally I get way too frustrated trying to make things fit, so I will always pay for things that make my life easier. For somebody who really wants a intercooler and wants to save some money, and doesn't mind doing some puzzle solving this isn't a bad idea.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
N
Thread Starter #3
If you're willing to do some modification and trim work I don't see anything wrong with this at all. Personally I get way too frustrated trying to make things fit, so I will always pay for things that make my life easier. For somebody who really wants a intercooler and wants to save some money, and doesn't mind doing some puzzle solving this isn't a bad idea.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
I totally agree. I was going to buy a depo racing or a whoosh option but high school doesnt pay, so I had to find a cheaper option. I did the compete install in one afternoon after school, so it wasnt too bad. Besides my old intecooler was in rough shape and most likely had boost leaks so its a win win.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
we've all been young and starting out
kudos on the install

message me if you want or need a high school starter kit for the FiST, I'll help you out however I can[thumb]

OP
N
Thread Starter #7
we've all been young and starting out
kudos on the install

message me if you want or need a high school starter kit for the FiST, I'll help you out however I can[thumb]
10-4, thank you! It would be great to get a look at a starter kit for the FiST for high schoolers like me.