Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

205/45/16 Extreme Contact Sport vs Sport Comp 2 Review

Wanted to give my thoughts here.

I traded for some 16" Konigs that had the forum popular choice, the 205/45/16 BFG Sport Comp 2

The tires, in my opinion, are just kinda "meh". Definitely less grippy than the stock Bridgestones, a bit harsh on the highway, and we're slightly hydroplaning for me with around 6.5/32". I wasn't wowed by these tires at all.

Coming from my RS, the Pilot Super Sport is THE tire to have for what I expect out of a daily driver sporty tire. I want to get around 20k miles, have plenty of straightline and corner grip, and have it be as comfortable and quiet as possible.

Except Michelin doesn't make 16's. Anyway, the Continental Extreme contact Sport to my eye looks like a near copy of the PSS. I decided to give them a try.

1. Yes they are about 1" more narrow than the BFG. However on my 16*8, I don't believe they look stretched. They appear more stretched in the photos than they do in person. The rim protector on the tire plays tricks with your eyes

2. Straight line and corner grip is substantially improved in my mind. Its not even that close. The car seems to be more planted out of apexes and less prone to understeer. With the BFG, the wheel could easily get very light and you'd start to push wide depending on the corner.

Also, I used to be able to spin/scratch the tires in 2nd when the torque would hit. With the ECS, I've only had that happen with cold pavement

Grip on the rain is also excellent with the ECS

3. Comfort and sound appear to be as good, if not a touch quieter than the BFG. Honestly close, hard to tell

4. Technically these come with a 30,000 warranty like the PSS. On my RS, I got Michelin to pay me $455 towards a new set of rubber when my PSS lasted about 16k miles. The BFG come 9/32", the ECS come 10/32" new. So time will tell if I can get close to 25-30k miles

5. Tirerack lists these as 3lbs lighter than the BFG. Another +

Anyway, I'm loving these Continentals. I'd buy them with confidence!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

V_2

Interesting.

These weren't available when I last changed tires but they do seem to be a contender based off reviews.

However, I didn't have any of the issues you describe with the BFG. I found them to be a great, but noisy, compromise between lifespan and performance. This could be due to differences in mods. The BFG are an older design starting to show their age, so it's good to see someone else step up with a tire in this category that improves on it. I replaced my BFG with the newer Indy 500 and they are okay, I guess. Definitely less road noise and super cheap but the BFG outperformed in every other category. I'll have to check the Conti's out when I'm needing new tires again.

OP
I
Thread Starter #3
Maybe it's possible my BFG hardened up?

The original owner open tracked them I believe

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I only got 11k miles on my sport comp 2s... i am definitely not going back to them. Too squishy, and not the mileage i was expecting for the compromises.

A7xogg

raw grip i think the contis have the slight edge but they dont feel as goos steering the car or giving you feedback. the sp2 let you know exactly what the tire is doing while the ecs is very numb.both tires give you almost too much grip for the street and both dont really compare to a 200twtire as far as grip goes. MY driving prefers the sp2 but both tires you really cant go wrong with, its just what you prefer

Ford Community Posts