Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

AEM wideband with stock ECU integration

Running an AEM wideband -
Can I either use the OEM O2 sensor to feed the gauge, or use the Bosch AEM sensor to feed the gauge and ECU?
Has anyone does this on a FiST before?
I want to run a dedicated wideband gauge because it's one of the more vital things to monitor.

Hope this is the right sub to post this in.

Thanks.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Running an AEM wideband -
Can I either use the OEM O2 sensor to feed the gauge, or use the Bosch AEM sensor to feed the gauge and ECU?
Has anyone does this on a FiST before?
I want to run a dedicated wideband gauge because it's one of the more vital things to monitor.

Hope this is the right sub to post this in.

Thanks.
Do you have an accessport? It already has the option to look at AFR in the gauges catagory.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
Redhedmetalhed
Thread Starter #3
Yes I do, but I don't keep it in the car. I'd rather have 1 dedicated gauge to monitor WBO2 than have the Accessport in the car.

slopoke

If you are going to change your downpipe, both of the older Whoosh branded ones have three bungs. The new version catless downpipe form Whoosh seems to only have two bungs from the photos of it on his website. I have the catted version and run an AEM X series gauge.

I guess you could tap into the output wire from the stock O2 sensor to provide the signal to a stand alone gauge. If you get 0-5 volts on a multimeter from the O2 sensor output wire, I don't see why it would not work.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yes I do, but I don't keep it in the car. I'd rather have 1 dedicated gauge to monitor WBO2 than have the Accessport in the car.
I leave my accessport in the vehicle all the time....hooked up to come on when I start the car....why would you need to spend the extra money just to have something you already have? An accessport can monitor at least 6 things in gauge form.Then again if you want another gauge to look at go for it....

Last edited:

slopoke

I just looked at the factory service manual and this is a direct quote regarding the output voltage of the cars onboard O2 sensor

"The HO2S senses the oxygen content in the exhaust flow. Lean of stoichiometric, air to fuel ratio of approximately 14.7 to 1 (9 to 1 E100), the HO2S generates a voltage less than 0.45 volt. Rich of stoichiometric, the HO2S generates a voltage greater than 0.45 volt. The current required to maintain the universal HO2S at 0.45 volt is used by the PCM to calculate the air to fuel ratio. The HO2S monitor evaluates the HO2S for correct function".

So, since a wideband gauge looks at a voltage of 0-5 volts, you will need to either weld in a bung on the stock downpipe or replace the downpipe with one that has 3 bungs. Good luck.

slopoke

Do you have an accessport? It already has the option to look at AFR in the gauges catagory.

Not to derail this thread. Even though I'm a 56 year old fella, I love Rick and Morty. Carry on.