Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

17-Inch Premium Ebony Black-Painted Aluminum Wheel - Why so expensive?

Hi all,

Was thinking of switching out my stock 2018 Rado gray wheels with set of OEM black wheels, OE Part Number C1BZ1007H. List price for black is $892.83 per wheel. Why so expensive?? And why is the black wheel listed as 15 spoke?

https://parts.lakelandford.com/p/Ford__/Wheel--alloy/64819837/C1BZ1007H.html

Sam, Fort Worth, Texas

Attachments

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Hi all,

Was thinking of switching out my stock 2018 Rado gray wheels with set of OEM black wheels, OE Part Number C1BZ1007H. List price for black is $892.83 per wheel. Why so expensive?? And why is the black wheel listed as 15 spoke?

Sam, Fort Worth, Texas
dude OEM anything is always a kick in the dick.

replacement wheel studs for my wifes alfa were like 240 bucks a wheel lol

eurocompulsion FTW

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Hi all,

Sam, Fort Worth, Texas
I'm pretty sure they can be found cheaper brand new by searching around, but yeah, OEM is expensive to begin with, I'd just keep an eye on the for sale section of this forum and the FB groups...

Edit: $269 HERE Still expensive when "OK" aftermarket wheels can be had for like $125 each, but better anyway...

OP
S
Thread Starter #4
Talked to Hubcap Haven today and learned that these stay scarce in their inventory. Best advice was to check stock now and again. Thanks for your post. Appreciate the guidance.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Still stumped as to why the black is so extraordinarily expensive.
Just more rare as they are optional and seems like they may simply cost more to make with it 's nice black paint, LOL... I dunno but $269 for an OEM wheel isn't too crazy, I'd look at aftermarket black ones too, there should be very comparable ones out there, good luck!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hi all,

Sam, Fort Worth, Texas
Or you just get them powder coated a color to your liking and be happy! I did it with my wheels...It was like $320 for all 4 wheels said and done! [rockon]

Or you just get them powder coated a color to your liking and be happy! I did it with my wheels...It was like $320 for all 4 wheels said and done! [rockon]
I did the same with my rims…….I've changed two kinds of colours, one in glossy black and the other in matt grey [:)].
Also Painted the stock rims in glossy black [;)]

Last edited:

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
aftermarket part pricing is due to a number of factors. One is available inventory and the amount needed for production, second is the likelihood of needing a replacement part, and lastly the possible substitution. If you have 3 black wheels and need a 4th due to damage, then buying the one black wheel is your best option since substitutions are not easy. The ST wheels are also produced in far fewer numbers than the standard wheels, so there are fewer of them made, so the price is higher. It is unlikely you will need to replace wheels, so there aren't a lot of them set aside for aftermarket sales. Margin is always high on aftermarket parts compared to the OE part at the plant. Sometimes you can find far better deals from Ford Performance on the same exact wheel because the pricing is determined differently for aftermarket accessories than aftermarket replacement.

Still stumped as to why the black is so extraordinarily expensive.
Get the cheapest one's you can find in any color. Ford will paint them whatever you want for about $100 a wheel. When I bought my '14 FiST, I HATED the grey paint with the MO paint. I wanted black. They offered to paint them for $400 total. I declined, considering I didn't like the look of the wheel design to begin with. Most OEM "premium" wheels for most car manufacturers look like some really conservative person's idea of premium sport wheels.