Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo spool / Whistle

Hi everyone!

I got my '15 19000 mile Fiesta ST just over a month ago now and I am absolutely in love. For a while now I have noticed a whistle noise on hard acceleration, I've recently installed a VUDU stage 2 intercooler, full ITG induction kit and a Turbosmart Dual port BOV.

Since doing this install the turbo spool seems a lot louder (Which I know is somewhat expected). My question is is this whistle / whine noise normal and just louder due to my modifications or should I be worried?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Check all your clamps on your boost pipes especially at the intercooler. I doubled my clamps up after repeatedly blowing off my hoses when driving. I also do have a Gen2 GTx2860r vs the Stock snail. Their will be more intake noise due to the New piping and filter though....as long as your building the expected boost levels id say you are A-ok! [raceflag]

OP
J
Thread Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply. I've got a boost gauge waiting at home which hopefully i'll install tonight to check on all the levels.

I'll also double check the clamps although i'm 99% sure they're all fine.

A Gen2 GTx2860r, bet that gets up and goes pretty well haha.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thanks for the quick reply. I've got a boost gauge waiting at home which hopefully i'll install tonight to check on all the levels.

I'll also double check the clamps although i'm 99% sure they're all fine.

A Gen2 GTx2860r, bet that gets up and goes pretty well haha.
Yes, it does move around pretty well! I see your in the UK....Do they have the equivalent of a Cobb accessport there? If so id suggest getting a unit due to their ability to monitor other data also other than just boost. But a Boost gauge is sufficient enough.[wrenchin] keep us up to date with Data so any of us can help!

OP
J
Thread Starter #5
I'm not 100% sure, I'll have a look around as I do like the look of the access port.

And will do, thanks :)

DangerMouse

I have upgraded fmic and boost hoses. Every once in awhile I get a high pitched whistle. I have tightened everything multiple times. I have upgraded mountune clamps and tbolt clamps on the fmic. I am reaching peak boost around 26.x psi. No idea what it is but it doesn't seem to be an issue.

Check all your clamps on your boost pipes especially at the intercooler. I doubled my clamps up after repeatedly blowing off my hoses when driving. I also do have a Gen2 GTx2860r vs the Stock snail. Their will be more intake noise due to the New piping and filter though....as long as your building the expected boost levels id say you are A-ok! [raceflag]

doin the bull dance... feeling the flow

OP
J
Thread Starter #9
I have upgraded fmic and boost hoses. Every once in awhile I get a high pitched whistle. I have tightened everything multiple times. I have upgraded mountune clamps and tbolt clamps on the fmic. I am reaching peak boost around 26.x psi. No idea what it is but it doesn't seem to be an issue.
That's good to know. I've spoken to a friend who is a mechanic and he seems to think all is fine and that i'm just hearing the turbo spool up.