Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Trends of the future? SCT being sued by the EPA. COBB Next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
This shit is so goofy. Rolling back regulations on coal emissions, groundwater pollution, and gas drilling in wildlife refuges and public parks, and suing aftermarket tuning companies. Clown shit.
EXACTLY!

I thought that this rightwingnutter fascist REGIME in power currently was at least consistent across the board with it's complete rollbacks! [???:)]

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
This is nothing new Bully Dog and some other diesel tuners got their butts sued off for making tunes that could turn off the exhaust emissions systems on diesel vehicles.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

XanRules

This is nothing new Bully Dog and some other diesel tuners got their butts sued off for making tunes that could turn off the exhaust emissions systems on diesel vehicles.

This is an important point - I did notice that it was primarily focused on diesel engines. I told those "coal rollers" they were attracting the wrong type of attention, but they didn't wanna listen to a city boy like me.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Diesel exhaust emission systems are just insane. You have a filter for the soot that then has to be burned into ash when it gets clogged up. You have the special catalytic converter where the diesel exhaust fluid is injected to reduce Nox. If you run out of diesel exhaust fluid the truck shuts down. I don't blame people one bit getting tuners for these trucks. The emissions systems take up a lot of power and actually cause the truck to burn more fuel. They probably easily added $5,000 if not more to every truck.

I work in electric power generation. And know of no easing. In power plant emissions. To think with the current administration. That emission regulations will magically disappear. Is a pipe dream. The EPA and DNR watch us like hawks.

Sekred

1000 Post Club
I see these types of modding (tuning ECUs) all coming to an end. Its just a matter of time before vehicles will be communicating with each other through a wireless data link. You won't be able to adjust the radio without it being "logged" by big brother.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I see these types of modding (tuning ECUs) all coming to an end. Its just a matter of time before vehicles will be communicating with each other through a wireless data link. You won't be able to adjust the radio without it being "logged" by big brother.
What makes you think that is not being done/tested now?

Look up OBD3

Dave

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The only way they will take my internal combustion engine, is to pry it from my cold dead hand.

Oh, wait that's my gun control speech.

Dave
HA! LOL
Exactly the way I feel about full electrics and the autonomous POS 'pods' coming, which will be mandated in the (hopefully NOT) near future. [mad] [:(]

XanRules

I think it's a holdover. Back even ten, fifteen years ago, catalytic converters were HUGE power suckers. On the original WRX you could pick up upwards of 30hp at the wheels if you went catless and got a tune. Catalytic converters just aren't that restrictive anymore, and high flow cats are almost as efficient as being catless. I don't really see the benefit of being catless anymore either.

Status
Not open for further replies.