Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New ST Owner from Cincy

Hey all! My name is Dan, and I’m the proud new owner of a 18 ST in Magnetic, which I picked up last weekend. I’ve been lurking here and searching past threads, and hope to continue learning more about this platform.

Quick question - After I bought my new FiST, it threw a check engine light about five miles away from the dealership on its maiden voyage. FYI - I was doing a soft break-in, so no high RPM driving. I took it back and they determined it was a fouled O2 sensor (which has been on backorder). It was fixed yesterday. I’ve replaced O2 sensors on past cars, but not on a new car. Do you think this is a sign of any issues? I’m assuming I just got a bad sensor, or maybe it was sitting on the lot for a long time.

Dan

Welcome!!! [emoji322][emoji322][emoji322]

I think you're right, probably because it had been sitting, but that's why you bought a new car! Warranty!! [emoji23] I had to get my CV axels replaced within 5k miles, just depends 🤷🏼*♂️ I'd say that it probably isn't indicative of any problem.

That being said, I might put off any mods for a little while just in case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Welcome and congrats

Welcome. The fact that the sensor was on backorder might suggest there were a lot of bad ones being replaced, and maybe yours was one. I wouldn't worry about it.

Welcome aboard!

Good choice on the color(not that I'm biased [cool])...unfortunately, Ford left us to choose from only 4 colors. I/we chose the right one. [cheers]

Welcome! Wow, that's weird to have a sensor go bad right off the bat like that. I would not be too happy if it happened to me. Must have been a bad batch of sensors from the back order situation. Mine's been good so far- no issues after 7K miles so far using it on my long commute to and from work. And I drove it hard on the way back from the dealership where I bought it- I had a 100 mile trip and drove 85-100 MPH to get back to work.

OP
D
Thread Starter #14
I want the old part... curious what it was "fouled" with. Oil? Coolant?
That’s a great point. I didn’t ask to have the part back, but I just called them about what “fouled.” They said it didn’t actually get fouled from something, but rather that the electronic part of the sensor died.