Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New FiSTy boi...

Hey guys, glad to be a new member of the best forum ever. I just picked her up the weekend before last. Went out of state and got a great deal ($6,000 under sticker) on a new leftover 2017 Magnetic Metallic with Recaros, Sunroof and Navigation. Took a week for me to get the dealer to budge but the wait was worth it.

The first thing I did when I got home at my friend's recommendation was give it a nice two step wax with the Klasse products. Looks like a gray mirror even though I missed a couple buff spots I later found out!

I'm love the car so far. I'm 5'9" and 210 lbs so the seats were snug but I'm starting to get used to them and they're starting to get used to me.

I have 750 miles on the clock and have been taking it easy. Just changed the oil at 500 miles using a 910s filter and Motorcraft Semi-Syn 5w-20 oil. I also installed a Damond OCC too last night.

[MENTION]ron@woosh[/MENTION] hooked me up with a nice mod package. I have a Cobb AP, Woosh FMIC/Hot Side Pipe, Woosh Intake Tube/Crossover/Evap Purge, Revo Foam Filter, Velossa Big Mouth, Woosh Catted DP and a CravenSpeed Stubby Antenna ordered and on their way to me! Can't beat the customer service and pricing with Ron. Absolutely my new drug I mean mod dealer!

As far as exhaust I have my eye one the CP-E and Cobb. Going to do that last. For now I'm considering the resonator delete for a little grumble. I rent an apartment so I can't have the catless straight pipes I had on my MS3 back then.

Springs I'm between Eibach and Swift. Eibachs I trust and the Swifts look good but I read they were designed the older suspension not the 2017 suspension... More to come on that decision.

Wheels eventually I think I'm going to with the Rota Titans. They look so awesome on the cars I see here on the forum.

I'm really happy this community is overall a positive place and everyone is pretty cool. Back in 2012 I was involved in another community and I'll say it was just a little lacking.

With this very little pocket rocket I'm looking forward to modding, a very enjoyable commute (coming from a Chevy Volt) with many a twisty on the weekend and eventually surprising some unsuspecting adversaries on the carriageway. Lol.

2017 Magnetic FiST - Ford CF ST Knob - Damond OCC - CP-E RMM - DD LEDs

OP
weazsel
Thread Starter #2
Yesterday I Installed the CP-E RMM and Diode Dynamics interior/license plate LEDS.

RMM took all of maybe 15 minutes including putting her on Harbor Freight ramps and positioning the floor jack. She's brandy new so no issues with stuck bolts or anything. There's a slight increase in vibration around idle and just starting out. Nothing compared to the track RMM I used to have on my MS3. The CP-E definitely smoothed out the shifting and has me prepared for some more power mods. Can't get over how easy the install was. My buddy and I looked at each other nervously like, "that's it?" [dunno], no cursing or trips to Habor Freight? No blood, no bruises? Nope! Hopefully the rest of my installs go as smooth as this one!

The DD leds were pretty easy too. I went with their HP3s in everything interior and for the license plate lights. Went with an HP5 bulb in the trunk cargo area. Very happy with the HP3s inside. They're not too harsh or bright and they always look so good. These bulbs are great. Don't have to worry about polarity and they seem like much higher quality over the regular Amazon/Ebay specials I've used in the past. This install was very easy too. FYI you need 7 HP3s (8 without a sunroof) and 1 HP5 to replace everything. I ordered one bulb shy by accident. I didn't realize the rear has the two map lights and the dome light.

OP
weazsel
Thread Starter #6
Thanks guys. Honestly I really like all of the colors. If I had the choice and they made it in 2017 I would have went with that Performance Blue.

I work in Nassau County and live in Suffolk County.

Last edited:
OP
weazsel
Thread Starter #8
Congrats and welcome. The Swift springs will work fine with 2017-2018 suspension. I am going that route as well as Eibachs tend to sag over time and Swifts perform better on spring dynoā€™s.
Cool thanks for the heads up. The Swifts are the ones I really want and like. That helps my decision.

Talk about jumping in with both feet! Very cool--and welcome. Unless I missed it on your list, you should also get a short shift adapter--the one that mounts on the tranny shift arm under the hood. Boomba also makes a short shifter to replace the components inside the car, but that is lots more money. Many people here are thrilled with just their roughly $80 adapters. The Mountune version costs more and requires you to alter the linkage (they give you a puller). I am thrilled with my FS Werks adapter, but there are several others available too. Boomba has an underhood adapter, and I think Ron now sells one too. They take maybe 15 minutes to install.

OP
weazsel
Thread Starter #10
Talk about jumping in with both feet! Very cool--and welcome. Unless I missed it on your list, you should also get a short shift adapter--the one that mounts on the tranny shift arm under the hood. Boomba also makes a short shifter to replace the components inside the car, but that is lots more money. Many people here are thrilled with just their roughly $80 adapters. The Mountune version costs more and requires you to alter the linkage (they give you a puller). I am thrilled with my FS Werks adapter, but there are several others available too. Boomba has an underhood adapter, and I think Ron now sells one too. They take maybe 15 minutes to install.
Haha yup! Not my first time modding a car and it's just so fun with the FiST! Relatively inexpensive too.

That full Boomba setup is probably what I'm going to end up with. Saw a video and the guy was driving with it. It looks so short and nice. Bringing the shifter up and back a little is a welcome change too. Not that stock is bad but a little ergonomic upgrade won't hurt.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The Mountune one IS a pain to install, but at 30% real reduction, all by itself, and SMOOTH, it is definitely worth it (LOVE mine!). ;)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Thanks guys. Honestly I really like all of the colors. If I had the choice and they made it in 2017 I would have went with that Performance Blue.

I work in Nassau County and live in Suffolk County.
Yeah, if I could have ordered a Performance Blue (or even an Ingot Silver) I would have taken those over the Magnetic as well.

You are probably not too far from Dizzy Tuning in the Riverhead area.
They offer some of the best off the shelf, stock turbo, tunes for these things, and if you want every single 1/4 WHP out of it, they have a dyno there for on the spot revisions.

But maybe you already know about them? [dunno]

OP
weazsel
Thread Starter #13
Yeah, if I could have ordered a Performance Blue (or even an Ingot Silver) I would have taken those over the Magnetic as well.

You are probably not too far from Dizzy Tuning in the Riverhead area.
They offer some of the best off the shelf, stock turbo, tunes for these things, and if you want every single 1/4 WHP out of it, they have a dyno there for on the spot revisions.

But maybe you already know about them? [dunno]
Yup, I'm very close to Dizzy. I want a custom tune specifically for my car. I haven't decided who I'm going to tune with yet but he's on the list!

My goal is to get the most power safely (and most cost effectively!) out of all the bolt on modifications. An OTS tune won't get me there as you obviously know but I heard his stuff is good too. I'm pretty much putting together a nice platform to have the option to bolt in a bigger turbo in the future. The car is plenty fast for me as it is now. Going to take some time to get to know the old girl before putting a ring on her finger or a bigger snail in her belly. [thumb]

After the formentioned power mods I'm going to look towards some other things like springs, Pierce braces and wheels. Have to get some winter tires too sooner than later. I want the Blizzaks but I can get some off brand Antares all seasons for like $250 mounted and balanced. They're probably good enough to get through 99% of the weather but I just know there will be a day where I'll be regretting not purchasing the Blizzaks. Haven't decided on that yet either.

OP
weazsel
Thread Starter #14
Did some things and stuff yesterday! Very happy. :) All in all took about two hours taking our time to do all this stuff.

Woosh Crossover Pipe (Ramair)- Nice piece in wrinkle black. Install wasn't bad, didn't have to remove the cowl. I had a tougher time getting the clamp off of the turbo while removing the OEM pipe. I moved the coolant reservoir which helped but my Damond OCC was taking up a little space. Once you figure out the angles it's not bad. Managed not to scratch it either!

Woosh Intake / Revo Panel Filter / Evap Fix - This was retty straight forward. Two clamps, the evap fix and the panel filter. The evap fix was the longest part of this install. A quick call to Ron at Woosh and he set me in the right direction. That guy's customer service really is as good as everyone says. As for performance I have some nice OEM diverting sneezing now and the slightest intake noise.

AET Vudu Short Shift Kit / Ravenol Tranny For Swap - Wow, just wow in regards to be performance. The install is a little tight but I did it without removing the battery. Have to move the shifter arm a few times for different steps to gain access to the bolts. Used a long extension with an allen socket and was able to get it tight. I threadlocked all of the bolts too. It was noticeably shorter and feels great. I tried it before and after the Ravenol and it seemed to get smoother with the new fluid too! I drained the OEM and filled it with two full liters.

Symposer Delete - Got rid of the silly brrrrrrrr at low RPMs lol This mod as cheap as it was is now going to cost me money! Car is quiet now I need an exhaust for some noise!

The FiST is so fun to mod. Everything is pretty accessible from underneath.

Next on the list is a Woosh FMIC, Swift Springs and the Woosh Hot Side Pipe. I have the Woosh pipe just waiting for the springs and FMIC to arrive. Plan to do that next weekend.

I only have 1,350 miles on the car so I'm holding off on flashing a tune right away. Probably soon though. I think I'm going to do another oil change at 1,500 and then after that flash a little something.

I added a couple bonus pictures of my buddy's 2016 Mustang GT with performance pack and Recaros we picked up on Wednesday. The Mustang really shines and makes me want to Tour Grandly. That car is so freaking awesome it's actually tempering my FiST big turbo thoughts I have for the future! We'll reevaluate in the next 6-12 months.

OP
weazsel
Thread Starter #15
Got my Swift Springs installed over the weekend. Love them so far. The picture at night was right after the install. The daytime picture was after about 50 miles of settling. Going to get an alignment in the next week or so.

Aesthetics look awesome. I can't comment on performance yet since it's been rainy and a little cold to push it. I feel like it the initial turn in and edge the car had (which I liked!) is gone. Did anyone else notice that? Maybe the alignment will have a big effect.

Overall ride quality is not much different to me which is a good thing. A little softer at medium speeds over smaller undulations and bumps but the bigger bumps you definitely feel!

Might add some wheel spacers too to get them flush with the side of the car...

redmoe

I will concur with this statement coming from a FSWERKS adapter to a mountune....Way better...IMO![woot]
I third this (is that a thing lol), I went from a mojo bracket to the mountune and it was well worth the added cost and install effort.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I third this (is that a thing lol), I went from a mojo bracket to the mountune and it was well worth the added cost and install effort.
One thing that sucked with my mountune is my bolt wasn't slotted to draw it in through the back so I had to do it blind...Goddam it took forever to get it all nice a tight.....Plus the state birds/mosquitos were out in full force that day! FML

OP
weazsel
Thread Starter #19
I'll be installing the Boomba short throw shifter and Woosh transmission/shifter base bushings when I get back from Florida next week!

Looks like it's going to be super short and crisp with all of these goodies. Boomba says it will be a 40% reduction total with the short shift adapter and the shifter itself. 15534827346_4e5c81e9f0_k__40531.1413841356.1280.1280.jpeg

cxwrench

I've always thought there was no need for a short shifter in the ST but this stuff looks pretty cool. It could happen to an ST near me soon[8D]